I really can't believe that my ten year high school reunion is coming up! It seems like just the other day that I was going to football games, school dances, hanging out with friends, trying to find my locker in the windy and confusing halls of BHS... those were sure fun times, but at the same time I'm glad those days are behind me.
Here's a little flashback....
THE GIRLS 1998(L to R) Cami, me, Tammy, Amanda, Lacey, Jill, Megan
So why didn't someone ever tell me to cut my hair??
Graduation was held on Brighton's football field. What a crazy night! There was a wind and lightening storm & I'm glad we all made it out alive. We're all a little wind blown here...
High school dances were the best. I swear there was one every month but it sure kept us busy with creative asking, answering and planning the big events. Here we are at girl's choice MORP senior year. We obviously chose the theme of brides and grooms... I borrowed someone's real wedding dress from the 70's! We put a ton of hours into planning this... we had every detail from fake wedding invitations (as the way we asked to the dance), cans tied to the back of our cars with "Just married" written on them, ring pops, a "wedding dinner" at a church with Brittany's dad as the wedding photographer, a "wedding video" playing with clips from famous movie weddings, (Princess Bride, Cinderella, Runaway Bride, etc.), and then AFTER the dance we went back to Lacey's and changed into hawaiian shirts and lays and went on our hawaiian "honeymoons". (Pretty innocent - we exchanged wedding gifts with white elephants that each couple brought and watched a movie or something.) Anyways, it was a good time!
Getting dressed up for dances was always fun. Here I am all ready for girl's choice W.A. (Women's Association). So you're thinking, "GOLD?" Yes, I know. I've never even been a fan of gold, but for some reason I ended up liking this dress. We picked up our dates for this one in Gloria's motor home! Her dad and uncle were nice enough to dress up in formal suits and top hats and be our chauffers for the night.
Prom was always so much fun at the state capitol building. I was so excited to be going in a limo (my first time!) for this dance. My best friend Lacey and I (far right) ended up shopping for dresses together and fell in love with the exact same ones! The only difference was the color. I don't think it was that noticeable, but we didn't care anyways. We just wanted to look good...typical girls. I think we kind of liked that we matched. We went to the JS Memorial building for dinner & if I remember right we took a carriage ride around downtown, then headed to the dance. It was a ton of fun! Seriously, how often do we get to dress up like that post high school besides our wedding days? In my world, pretty much never.
My senior year in high school I was a hostess at Dos Serranos Mexican Grill (it has since closed). Steph Daniels also worked there with me. It was a decent job, although I think I was happy to have an excuse to quit when I headed up to USU the fall after graduation.
The things we did to entertain ourselves.... once in a while we used to drive up Parley's Canyon and take Quarry's Exit (a tunnel turn around off the freeway) and freak each other out with the tales that scary people would set up traps in there to capture the innocent drivers trying to turn around late at night. We would really get pretty scared! Hey -free entertainment, right?SO there is a little glimpse into my high school experience! Before I know it, my own kids will be experiencing the same things, and I'll be the worried, paranoid parent waiting up late for them to get home.... what goes around eventually comes around, right?
Thanks to all those who helped make the BHS experience a good one. I'm not so sure I'll be making it to the reunion as I'll be 9 months pregnant at that point and so huge that you might have to roll me in or something... :)
P.S. I hope no one minds me posting any of these pictures!
P.S. I hope no one minds me posting any of these pictures!
6 comments:
How fun. You remember a lot more than I do! Fun to have a blast from the past. I can't wait to see everyone this wed. It sounds like we'll have quite the group.
Michelle how fun to see all those pictures!!! I miss all you girls...Please take some pictures this week at the park. Take care of your pregnant self.
AND you don't have a choice...you HAVE to come to the reunion, even if we have to roll you in...I will see you in August.
Love,
Ali
Looks like you had a ton of fun in highschool. You looked just as gorgeous then as you do now!
I am so happy you got to have your R & R! What a treat. You totally deserved that...kudos to Chris!
Michelle,
It was good to hear from you. What a darling family you have, and you will have even more fun with two little ones to chase around. It was fun to see some old pictures from high school, that's just how you think everyone will still look, so it's fun to see their blogs and how everyone has changed.
Amy (pew) Thomsen
Michelle, Hey I hope you don't think I'm a crazy stalker! I found your blog through a friends. How weird! This is so cool that you have a blog! I hope you don't mind that I found it. My blog is
http://cswcook.blogspot.com
PS Is that Cindy Burton in that graduation picture??? It looks a lot like her!
Post a Comment