Thursday, April 24, 2008

SICK DAYS - lots of them




Today was the first day in the last nine that I've stepped foot out of my house! Parker and I have been so so sick for the last week. I was "struck" with a horrible throat infection which came along with lots of nasty side effects - it was just awful. I will spare you all of the gorry details, but I don't remember ever having such a bad sore throat - especially one as relentless and ongoing as this. You know when you are just so sick and in so much pain that you can't function, and in fact wouldn't mind someone just doing you the favor of putting you out of your misery? That was me! The hard part was HAVING to function because I had poor Parker to take care of, who wasn't nearly as bad off as myself, but still had a bad cold and endless runny nose. Poor Chris has been sleeping in the guest bedroom for the last week in an effort to avoid this nasty germ, but he still ended up getting a little sick. Parker is still "under the weather", and in fact seems to have gotten worse the last few days. I just feel for the little guy, but I am so glad to be feeling better myself so I can give him the care he needs. All in all, I am happy to say that I survived, although last week I wasn't quite sure whether that would be the outcome. Talk about sounding dramatic - I know - but it was that bad! Overall, Parker's only had a few small bugs here in there in his almost two years of life, and for that we are so grateful! This last week has really made me more empathetic for those who experience chronic pain and illnesses that so many out there have to deal with on an ongoing basis! It's awful to not only feel so broken physically, but it can really break your spirit too because it's so consuming that it's all you can think about or feel. Imagine that - just a simple week of the flu & I sure came out with renewed appreciation for the good health I've experienced throughout my life! I have much to be grateful for.

1 comment:

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Being sick is never any fun! Especially when your the mamma. Thankfully I haven't gotten too sick yet... Knock on wood :)

Im glad you guys are close to fam! I know they love to help out when they can!