We totally reused costumes this year for Halloween... and I didn't feel one ounce of mommy guilt for it! Parker really wanted to be Super Mario again (the costume fit even better this year), Emmie wanted to be Snow White and wear the dress up she got for her birthday, and Lexi... well she wore Parker's old Mickey costume from when he was 2.
Everyone was happy, I didn't spend a dime- or ridiculous amounts of time on costume details that only get covered up by a coat (& let's be real - no one really cares), and the kids loved their anticipated, SIMPLE, stress-free Halloween!
Everyone was happy, I didn't spend a dime- or ridiculous amounts of time on costume details that only get covered up by a coat (& let's be real - no one really cares), and the kids loved their anticipated, SIMPLE, stress-free Halloween!
And so did I. :)
And Chris especially loved the part that our bank account went unaffected (as did I). :)
Mickey (with a bow?), Snow White and Mario
Emmie was thrilled to get to wear a little make up!
That was one of my favorite perks about dressing up for Halloween when I was a kid, too. I think we're related. :)
{Rewind to the afternoon... }
After preschool, the little little princess transformed into my assistant chef as we baked some sugar cookies.
I think one of my favorite things about all holidays is the excuse to make yummy cookies. I would make them all the time except that I would easily be 10 lbs heavier...no thanks... so I just try to stick with special occasions but it's something I love to do!
Chris had to work (again) this year. Not super awesome but it really wasn't a huge deal. Thankfully, the Hansens came to our rescue yet again and helped take the kids around trick or treating. I went for a few minutes but was relieved to switch out with Becky as my vertigo had me spinning big time. :)
By the end of the night, kids were thrilled with their candy loot, and Chris and I were thrilled to be able to steal some in the subsequent weeks. :)
Like I said before, it was a win-win Halloween for everyone. :):)
1 comment:
It's been a long time since I've looked at blogs! Your family is so gorgeous, Michelle! Looks like you've been having fun:)
Post a Comment