Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Green Holiday

 
St Patrick's Day...

I know, it's a lame holiday.
But for the fun of the kiddos, I play along.
Kind of. 
It fell on a Sunday this year, so the kids dressed up in their green the Friday before for school, since Emmie was having a St. P's party that day.

This little cutie showing off her newly acquired skill of standing (without assistance)!



 We had no Leprechaun tricksters this year, but the kids did find baggies of green treats on our doorstep after church.  Nothing too exciting but the kids thought it was awesome.
 I'm all about trying to create awesomeness for my kids, but
why I contribute to the crazy parade of sugar that begins on Halloween and marches right through Easter, is a good question. The six pounds that I've gained since Christmas is so not cool, and the only thing I can really attribute it to has been my lack of self control with all these sweets in my house! I never creep over a certain weight, unless I'm pregnant, and I'm a little freaked out to see triple digits on the scale!
It's truly a little ridiculous all the hoards of candy we end up with post Christmas, V-Day, St P Day and Easter.
I'm thinking next year we'll just celebrate with green smoothies and call it good! As for Easter.... carrots and deviled eggs will have to be our new go-to.
As Chris says, "It's got to stop!".
I concur. Yes, it does.
Meanwhile, you'll find me on the treadmill.
Well, hopefully anyways. :)
Posted by Picasa

 

No comments: