EMMIE winter/spring 2012
- 3 years old (& a few at 4)
- 3 years old (& a few at 4)
E had quite the imagination at 3. She would tell us the most random, outrageous stories, and she would recite them with such fluidity and ease and such a straight face that it was a bit
Here's an example of one that I wrote down:
We were driving when she suddenly yelled out,
"OH NOOOOOO! Some bad guys hit my elephant, and now he's dead!"
Me (confused) - "Ummm, your stuffed elephant in your room?"
E- "No! My real one, in the forest! Some bad guys jumped out at him and said, "PEEKABOO!", and they hit him, and now he's dead!". (Said with all seriousness and drama imaginable!) She went on to whimper for her loss for hours after the "incident".
2/27/12: Hands on her hips, jumping up and down she explained, "This is what I do when little tiny bad guys come!".
In the early months of 2012, Emmie would always say, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?". This particular time she finished with, "I have to go to the bathroom! Now!".
2/17/12 - Commentary on my homemade mac n cheese:
"Mmmm! Tastes like sugar cookies!".
No wonder it's her favorite dish! Sugar cookies for dinner? Yes please!:)
2/8/12- Was playing in the bathroom sink and when I told her to drain it, she said, "But my MERMAIDS! They have to swim!!".
3/2/12: "Mom, could you help me eat? My hands are kinda busy right now.".
"Mom, if I'm freezing, I'm frozen!"
A Harlem Globetrotters commercial was on TV and she exclaimed, "FOOTBALL! I LOVE football!".
Me- "Emmie, these things don't go on the stairs."
Emmie- "WELL, RAPUNZEL and I are having a sleepover!".
"Mom, call Santa RIGHT NOW and tell him that I am the goodest and that Parker is NOT!".
"Well, when I was a kid with my old parents...." (She used to tell us all the time about her "old family")
(Talking on her phone..) "Well, I will beat you up!!".
Me- "Emmie, don't talk like that".
E- Well Mo-om, I'm talking to a bad guy!".
Well in that case....
10/21012 Playing with an entourage of stuffed animals and me trying to put them away..."No, don't take Darth Vader! But he's so handsome!". ???
12/2012: "Mom, if we put TWO lip glosses on, (head nod), STYLISH!!!"
PARKER: 5 years old
2/1/12 "Mom, am I going to be Lexi's Mom and Dad when I grow up?".
2/7/12 "Mom, I found one of Emmie's elastics in my pants. I wonder how it got there? Maybe a genie put it down there..." Hmmm...maybe...
2/4/12 ( I was nursing Lexi) "Mom, will Lexi have milk in her dimples too someday? Oh, I mean, nipples."
2/24/12 Lexi was four months old and Parker said, "I think Lexi likes this world!".
"No one's cuter than Lexi".
As I was trying to snap a photo P said, "Just 2 pictures, Mom. I need to get back to coloring."
We were at McDonalds and there was a little boy at the table next to us eating a hamburger. Parker looked at it and said, "Mom, what IS that?". (I realized at that moment that my kids have never had hamburgers, haha!)
2/2012 (Parker was 5 years old) "Mom, how many weeks until Easter?"
Me-"6".
P-"Oh, so, 42 days?".
Totally normal to be doing multiplication in preschool, right? This kid is a bit of a math whiz I'm tellin' ya!
3/2012 P- "Mom, I hope that when we're resurrected, that Heavenly Father gives Lexi back to us, because she's the best baby!!". Me too buddy!
8/2012: P-"Mom, why does Roxy (the dog) wrestle?? She's a GIRL, plus, she's OLD!!". Good question, Bud!
8/28/12 "Mom, I wonder why Heavenly Father doesn't answer MY prayers... because I always pray to help us share toys, and then we never do!".
8/2012-"Mom, can I be done with my French fries, because they're a lot of fat!".
1 comment:
So cute, Michelle! I need to be better about writing these things down. I would love to get your mac and cheese recipe- I've been looking for a good one.
And thanks for the tip about the headband curls! I am excited to try that on McKenna- hopefully she will let me do it and keep it in.
Post a Comment