Parker's first love was for strawberries.
He demanded them in the womb.
Literally.
They were my #1 craving while that handsome first-born child of mine swam around in my uterus.
I ate hoards of them during his 9 month stay in my belly (via my beloved "Sprouts" store in Surprise, AZ!).
In hindsight it's no wonder he didn't want to come out.
He had his own built-in strawberry IV!
& from the first moment he tried them as a toddler, it was as though he was reunited with that first love.
He was smitten.
Five and a half years later, he and his strawberry love affair are still strong as ever.
He will eat a whole flat of them in one sitting if I let him, at any time of the day.
I have decided that his infatuation with them may be why his favorite color since he could say so has always been RED.
Well, there is lots of love in his little heart (& tummy) for that color...
This last year P has developed an almost equally-obsessed love for another red produce that I have mentioned before...
Tomatoes!
Personally, I refused to touch the red vegetable until I was 21.
{Now I'm hooked.}
But this 5 year old will pop grape tomatoes like candy.
(& trust me, this kid knows how to eat candy!)
As for me, I prefer to eat them after 12 p.m., but not him. He begs for them beginning at 7 a.m. with his breakfast, post his ritualistic waffle with powdered sugar (& strawberries of course).
My little mommy heart smiles (& kind of giggles) as his precious hands and high-pitched voice simultaneously start quivering in anticipation as he asks,
"Mom, can you get me some tomatoes with my waffle, please?"
*SIGH.*
I love this sweet little guy. How can I turn him down?
Especially when the request is such a healthy one?
Well, I can't.
And I don't.
Needless to say, we're excited for the upcoming months of eating these goods straight from our garden.
FOR FREE!
We're so looking forward to summer around here!
1 comment:
Yay for a garden, and yay for kids eating good food! He's sort of like Pinkalicious, but with red. Have you read that book? Pretty cute. I hope you guys have a great summer:)
Post a Comment