Is it really November???
I keep wondering what in the world happened to October, and then after some serious thought (a little more than I'd like to admit), a little light bulb goes off in my head and I remember....

(3 weeks, 5 days old)
"Oh, yah, THAT'S what happened!
ALEXIS!
I had a baby!".
I'm blaming my onset of amnesia of this significant event on severe sleep deprivation. I have no other explanation.
Anyhow, we let the entire month get away from us without doing anything especially Halloweeny. But having had a baby on October 4th, I have a good excuse, right?! Whatever. Still sad...no pumpkin patch, no pumpkin carving, no parties, not even Halloween crafts or treats (not unless you count thehandfuls bagfuls of candy corn I consumed)....but yes, having a baby was much more exciting than all of those things combined... for ME at least. I don't know for my 3 and 5 year olds. Or my husband...
Okay, so we DID do one thing. We hit up Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point when Alexis was a few weeks old. I've always wanted to go and since we have an annual pass this year, we decided it was now or never.
Never might have been better...

I won't get into it (okay I might!), but let's just say that I was regretting it in the first 5 minutes.
Why so?
Let's see...the freezing cold wind that none of us were really dressed for might be to blame, or the rocky terrain that made stroller pushing an earthquake simulation for poor Lexi - not to mention had she and I stranded in various spots because we literally couldn't get to the next attraction (it was WAY too cold to take her out of her seat), OR the fact that despite our annual pass "discount" we still paid a whopping $30 (THIRTY DOLLARS!) for some lame, overpriced carnival, might have added to my irritance...!
But oh well.
It didn't turn out to be what we expected but in the end the kids still supposedly had some fun and that was the point.
AND it's good that we went so that we know to never go again! :)
Back to Halloween.
Needless to say I just wasn't prepared for the holiday this year. P and E decided a few months back that they wanted to be Jake and Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates (a show on Disney Jr).
You know, these guys:
I keep wondering what in the world happened to October, and then after some serious thought (a little more than I'd like to admit), a little light bulb goes off in my head and I remember....
(3 weeks, 5 days old)
"Oh, yah, THAT'S what happened!
ALEXIS!
I had a baby!".
I'm blaming my onset of amnesia of this significant event on severe sleep deprivation. I have no other explanation.
Anyhow, we let the entire month get away from us without doing anything especially Halloweeny. But having had a baby on October 4th, I have a good excuse, right?! Whatever. Still sad...no pumpkin patch, no pumpkin carving, no parties, not even Halloween crafts or treats (not unless you count the
Okay, so we DID do one thing. We hit up Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point when Alexis was a few weeks old. I've always wanted to go and since we have an annual pass this year, we decided it was now or never.
Never might have been better...
I won't get into it (okay I might!), but let's just say that I was regretting it in the first 5 minutes.
Why so?
Let's see...the freezing cold wind that none of us were really dressed for might be to blame, or the rocky terrain that made stroller pushing an earthquake simulation for poor Lexi - not to mention had she and I stranded in various spots because we literally couldn't get to the next attraction (it was WAY too cold to take her out of her seat), OR the fact that despite our annual pass "discount" we still paid a whopping $30 (THIRTY DOLLARS!) for some lame, overpriced carnival, might have added to my irritance...!
But oh well.
It didn't turn out to be what we expected but in the end the kids still supposedly had some fun and that was the point.
AND it's good that we went so that we know to never go again! :)
Back to Halloween.
Needless to say I just wasn't prepared for the holiday this year. P and E decided a few months back that they wanted to be Jake and Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates (a show on Disney Jr).
You know, these guys:
And despite the fact that I knew months in advance what they wanted to be, I could not will my oversized, unbendable, nearly handicapped prego body to get their costume digs together before October. I had gathered a few items since September here and there, but never in completion. Fast forward through Lexi's birth, & before I knew it, and in the midst of having sick, goopy coughing kids for 8 days straight (& still going...),
Halloween was upon us.
But no need to fear when the Fairy Godhusband is near!
That's right. My husband is not only handy, but crafty!
Jealous? :)
This guy came to the rescue and made Parker's entire costume.
While I injested hoards of candy corn.
Don't worry, no sewing machines were involved, but a couple of old shirts, some scissors and yellow duct tape came in quite handy....I owe him big time!
Here is the final product:
Walah!
Jake and Izzy!
They were sooo excited for their costumes.
And yes, Izzy the Pirate is wearing Jessie the Cowgirl's boots...
but judge not, they were red and that's all that mattered. Phew.
So in the end, Halloween was a success.
So in the end, Halloween was a success.



5 comments:
I'm impressed. The costumes look great! Little Lexi is such a cutie, does she have a little red in her hair?
Don't worry, the kids won't even remember that you didn't do all the Halloween stuff you usually do. The summer that I had Wesley I NEVER once took the kids swimming. I felt guilty about it for a whole year! So, I feel your pain.
Alexis is adorable and the kid's costumes turned out so well!
Nice job on the costumes Michelle! (Actually, I should say Chris) :) I can't believe he just whipped those out! He really IS a Fairy Godhusband! And I absolutely think you should have been ingesting mounds of candy corn. I was ingesting Reeses....As far as Halloween goes, I'm really awful at planning costumes. It usually ends up being a last minute "Mom, do you have some old costumes I can borrow?" I'm so lame. :)
Ahhhhh! I have not been on blogger in nearly 3 months! I can't believe you had your baby already. It seems like you were not pregnant long enough (I'm sure it didn't go quick enough for you :) Lexi is a DOLL! I LOVE the hair! My kids are bald as cue balls for ever! Hope you had a great Halloween!
Your description of Cornbelly's is hilarious. We went on a warm day and it was still a waste of money (and we got in free). I was pushing Ava in the stroller and it took 2 people, sometimes 3, to get the stroller around that place!! I will never go again.
Congrats on baby Alexis. She is a doll. Hope you get some sleep eventually. :)
Post a Comment