Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summer 2011

Parker started school last week.
He loves it.
Temperatures are dropping.
We love that.
And while my absolute FAVORITE (favorite, favorite!) time of year, Fall, is fast approaching, I'm still way sad to say goodbye to our summer.
It's truly been a great one and went by far too fast.
Here's a recap of just a few of our
simple favorites from summer 2011...

Popsicles.
What kid doesn't love a popsicle?
Believe me, mine are no exception.

Sandbox fun...

Deserves 2 pics because of how much they love it... especially Emmie... the girl is obsessed with dirt. By day's end she's sure to have dirt grain remnants covering her scalp, invading her pull up, and tracked all over my kitchen floors. This girl is largely responsible for preterm labor issues I experience brought on by the vacuuum...

PARTY PARTY PARTIES!
We end up celebrating all week it seems for birthdays around here but going on a fun family venture for their birthdays as well as their parties with extended family has been a fun tradition this last few years and one we hope to continue!
Our many ventures to Thanksgiving Point... so much fun!
And especially fun that Daddy gets to come!
Bikes, scooters, and more bikes and scooters.
In case you wondered, paranoid  cautious moms post head injury accidents don't take off their 5 year old's training wheels until they're 6 18.
Don't feel bad. He hasn't minded. He just loves to be out there racing with his friends!
Pool trips!
With our fearless, water-obsessed little fish we made numerous Monday night trips to a local community pool. This one has a lazy river, water slides, and pirate ships. The kiddos were in heaven! Also falling under this category are their first swimming lesson adventures through the month of June, as well as their much anticipated trip to Cowabunga Bay for Emmie's birthday (more on that later:).

I was worried that our summer would be slowed and less active this year with end-of-pregnancy issues. And although the contractions were a bit ridiculous there for a while & I feared the worst, having a doctor who doesn't believe in bed rest allowed us to be able to pack a ton of fun in, especially this last month and right in time for the onslaught of the real preterm labor stuff I've been dreading! (Appointment this week showed dilation etc etc...here we go!)It's time to slow down and I think I'm finally ready and okay with doing just that. We've had a great run and now we're ready to welcome Fall and this cute new baby girl into our lives. We'll miss our summer days but we also can't wait for what lies right around the corner for our fam! :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I sure do miss Utah falls. They are so pleasant. Not TOO cold, but not hot like summer. I'm excited for your new baby girl too. I'm glad you've had such a fun summer. I know what you mean about the sand box. My kids could stay in a sandbox all day long!

Chelle said...

Interesting about the bed rest issue and dr's different opinions. I'm sure you're glad to have avoided that on this pregnancy! What are you dilated to? My dr just said I wouldn't make it to my due date, hallelujah!
Oh, and don't ever hesitate to give me advice. I was very grateful for your advice on bunkbeds! We're going to look this weekend! Seriously, it's nice to know the great deals other people have found and where.
And one more thing...you've got to utilize Olson Occurrences! Then I won't feel like I didn't create the 2nd blog for nothing. :)
http://jarelovesmich.blogspot.com. Then I won't have to see "Going PRivate" forever on other people's blogs. :)

Shannon said...

So fun to see all that is going on in your life! So crazy how fast the kids grow! I hope you have good luck with the last of the pregnacy and that you let us know when she arrives. I feel so sad that we don't see you more. Hope all is well