Tuesday, June 14, 2011

St George trip

The day before Mother's Day, we set out for an 8 day vacation to St. George and to visit my Mom and Reed.

We fit a lot in and had a great time!
Here are a few highlights:



We celebrated Mother's Day, got pedicures on my Mom's birthday (the 11th), had barbeques, Emmie got her manicure from Grandma J, bounced around at Jumpin' Jacks, and the kids went on a fun treasure hunt hosted by Grandma Jane.
 (& no those aren't antennas in Emmie's hair, just curlers:)
The first weekday we were there was cold and rainy, so we got brave and decided to utilize our day to the fullest by spending it  in Vegas, where the weather was a little warmer. Yes, we might be a little crazy to take our 2 and 4 year olds to Sin City, but I did have extra motivation in going (besides a visit to H&M). My Uncle is the mastermind behind many famous attractions in Las Vegas (& around the world), one of the most well-known being the fountain at the Bellagio Hotel. I thought the kids would love seeing it, and although we weren't situated in the best viewing spot, I was right - they loved it! Especially Parker who wanted to go back every 30 minutes to watch it go off. My Uncle Mark also did the volcano at the Mirage as well as his newest fountains there at the brand new Aria Hotel.
I also experienced my first shopping trip to the much-talked about H&M (loved it- 3 floors of great clothes at el cheapo prices- just my style!), ate lunch at Planet Hollywood, and had gelato in Caesars Palace. It was hard explaining to Parker that he couldn't play the slot machines as he thought he had just entered what appeared to be video game heaven, and maneuvering a double stroller around Vegas sidewalks and casinos isn't so easy. But I was glad we made trip... especially knowing that soon it will be a near impossible one to make. Two kids in Vegas was manageable, but three kids - forget about it!


(171/2 weeks prego in this pic)
My Mom and I also had another first and got spray tans... & let me just tell you - it.was. AWESOME!
So super fast (literally 5 minutes), easy (you just stand in your birthday suit and turn), and totally private (done in a Mystic Tan machine). If I had a lot of money I would do it every week, and I'm not a girl who loves to spend time in salons and spas. But everyone looks better with a little color, right?! The quick and easy part sells me for sure.

We also headed over to Zions one day and had a picnic. We went with the intention of doing a low key hike... but long story as to why that didn't happen. The picnic was fun though and the surroundings beautiful and it was just nice to be outside.

Baby farm animals, a kiddie ride and sno cones were a hit at the Cotton Festival.

But the highlight of the trip would have to be the time we spent at the community pool.
My kids are MANIACS for the water!
If it hadn't been too chilly some of the days, we could have gone here everyday, all day, and they would have been perfectly happy
 (& I would have been happy having the poolside nachos everyday and basking up some rays...).
Parker couldn't get enough of that big water slide and went down (with Chris) at least 10 times. Emmie was completely fearless and kept trying to jump right into the deep end which helped me realize that swim lessons would be necessity for her ( & P) this summer.
They (swim lessons) are are most current summer adventure.

It was a fun trip and great as always to spend quality time with the kiddos!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I think you look so so cute pregnant! It would be nice if it agree with you more. How are you feeling. Sounds like the trip was awesome. I love vacation! Hope to see ya soon!

Brady + Marsha said...

I love St. George! I don't know if you've ever been there, but snow canyon is awesome for kids. It is close with lots of little hikes/walks and a great little sand dune area.
you may not feel great during pregnancy, but you sure look great!

L said...

Big Belly my eye! You look gorgoues! I am so excited for you to add another princess to your house!

Marsh Family said...

What a fun trip! I am also excited that you are having a girl that will be so fun for Emmie.

aliciamae100 said...

Just a quick question - can I come next time??? Everything looks so fun! I want to go to St. George/Vegas now...