Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's a........


GIRL!

YAY!
I really felt like it was a girl from early on, and I'm glad to see that my feelings were right. I always second guess myself.
I really would have been thrilled with either one, but I have to say that I am sooo happy that Emmie will be getting a sister, one close in age too - something that growing up I desperately felt I was missing out on!
At the same time I am a little sad for P that he isn't getting a brother...
We took the kids to the ultrasound with us, and he was a little disappointed at first, but it didn't last long.
Tonight he said out of the blue,
"Mom, it's a good thing that we're not having a brother!"
Surprised, I asked him why so, and his response was, 
"Because boys are REALLY stinky!".
I love that kid.
And I honestly don't know where he got that line from because believe it or not Chris isn't all that smelly of a guy, so he didn't hear it from me. He doesn't even use deoderant half the time because he really doesn't get BO - no joke! What can I say except that P is just a smart guy as this does reign true with most boys...
Emmie's really excited for a sis and practiced putting her "babies" to sleep all afternoon and changing their diapers. She kept calling to Parker,
 "Honey, will you get the wipes please? The baby is poopy!".
LOVED that she was calling him "Honey". :)
She also informed me that she would like to name the baby Amy (they have a babysitter named Aimee).
Amy and Emmie --- sounds cute but that might get a bit confusing....:)

11 comments:

Auntie Megan said...

Yaaaaaaay for another mini-Michelle! Parker is going to the BEST big brother - boys won't come within a mile of either one of them while he's in town! :)

Congrats on a healthy #3!

Love, cousin m

Auntie Megan said...

P.S. I need more pregnant pics of you, sista! I expect a new posting with a tummy pic! :)

Chelle said...

Yay!!! Oh I am SO excited for you!!! And I was right, wahoo! :) I REALLY hope I get another girl, or i will be sad...i just love little girls! And I'm glad both kids are happy!

Jeff, Tiffany & Carson said...

YAY!! SO excited for you!! COngratulations!!! :)

Marianne said...

Congrats!! That is so fun! I really want McKenna to have a sister too. I think we've got one more shot for a girl. Hope you are feeling well!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and how great to be at the halfway point! Your kids are darling so I am sure this little girl will be adorable too! 2 girls and a boy is great!

(Sam did make our fire pit and we love it! - I never quite know how to answer a question on a comment so I just did here.)

benandtheshannon said...

Congrats!! Love love babies....who cares what kind. Yay for girls though. Hope you start feeling better now that you are half way and that your back holds up this time. We should get together before you start feeling blah again. Call me soon!

Carly said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear names :)

P.S. Where is a post about Bachelorette?!?!? Can't wait to hear what you have to say about Bentley >:I

Hev and Danaca said...

Emmie will love a sis to hang out with for sure! Parker will be a good big brother that watches out for his sisters!

Amanda said...

Yay! Didn't I predict a boy? I told you I was always wrong;) That will be great having two girls in a row- they will have so much fun. I'm glad that all are happy over there!

Jeanerbee said...

I think Amy and Emmie sounds totally cute together... congrats! Two little girls together will be so fun! My sister and I fought like cats and dogs half the time, but were best friends the other half... and now all grown we couldn't live without each other!