I finally took these little munchkins to have their teeth cleaned back in April, something that's been on my to-do list for a good two years now. Sadly, this was Parker's first (non-emergency) dental appointment!
Having worked for a few years in dentistry, I definitely know better than to neglect their bi-annual oral hygiene appointments!
Trust me when I say that I'm so ashamed of myself. :(
The good news?
See those pearly whites of his?
He gets to keep them! If you remember back to his little accident HERE a few months back, he had fractured his front tooth and there was a good possibility of having his two front teeth pulled. But new x-rays revealed that the fracture is healing without indication of infection.
So our cute little guy gets to keep his teeth!
For now anyways. :)
Funny that my kids are so well-behaved and compliant in places like the dentist - a place that typically you expect that your child might have a major meltdown... like the little girl in the chair next to them.
Not these two.
You would have thought P and E were at a Four Season Resort Spa. They just laid there, didn't make a single peep for their entire appointments, completely cooperative - with zero bribes for incentives to behave. Amazing!
Take them to the grocery store on the other hand and it's a complete fiasco.
I don't get it.
The sad news was, that despite my flossing efforts, Mr. Dimple Cheeks candy-addict has two small cavities.
This little guy is going to cost us a lot of money, I just know it.
Not to vent, BUT (okay, to vent!)....
The ER bill from hitting his mouth 6 weeks prior was $750 out of pocket (RIDICULOUS! If I had known, I might have stitched it myself! :),
& in case you were wondering, just his life flight bill from last fall was $16,000. That's right. THREE zeros. & I won't bother to tally up for you his time in the ER in St. G, his two ambulance rides and 5 days up at Primary Childrens...
Don't get me wrong, it was the best chunk-a-money we've ever spent... to preserve the health of our precious P-Man. For sure!
But my point?
If we contine in this pattern, Chris will be taking on a second job, I'll have to scrounge up some talent to sell homemade goods on ebay (which would be kinda fun - if I had talent)....& we might be moving back to AZ for a cheaper mortgage...(which wouldn't be so bad...bye bye snow, hello swimming pool!:).
Let's just say that it's probably good that we're having another girl.... :)
Did I really just divulge all that over two little cavities?
I must be prego or something.:)
Moving on to patient #2:
This little girl thank goodness had no bugs (aka cavities at our house), and enjoyed her dental experience so much that she asks to go back on a weekly basis.
Can we blame her?
Kicking back and watching a little Dora the Explorer on a ceiling-mounted television, in an oh-so-comfy chair while getting a pedicure was not so bad.
Not so bad at all. :)
Okay so there was no pedicure.
3 comments:
Don't even get me started on the giant inflation of healthcare prices. Did it LITTERALLY cost the life flight $16,000 to fly to SLC from St. George? I think not. You could fly for far less just flying with a private company.(obviously you wouldn't in your situation) Hospitals can come up with any astronomically ridiculous price they want because they know an insurance company will pay for it. I don't know how people sleep at night- it's just WRONG! I could go on, but I won't. Bummer about the cavities, we're getting one filled for Tyler in a couple of weeks. His first. I'm glad they enjoyed the dentist. One less thing to stress about for you!
A dental office visit like unto a spa visit...I could def use one of those! :) Glad they did so well! And don't be too ashamed; I've only taken Siena once because she had a meltdown the second time we tried to go. I haven't even tried with Turin yet. And the $16K....is that what YOU have to pay? Or is that before insurance is taken into account? I will sure hope it's the latter...otherwise that is atrocious.
And Michelle, the only reason I could think that you might be bigger than me is b/c you're about as big as a toothpick around, so the baby has nowhere to go but out. :) You always look good, so I have a hard time believing your comment! But thanks all the same.
Wow! I'm sorry! That is a lot of money! I'm glad your little family is healthy and almost cavity free! Those dang bugs! Those kids of yours sure look cute in their dentist chairs. I'm glad they enjoyed it! I hope you are hanging in there with your pregnancy!
Post a Comment