Thursday, June 23, 2011

23 weeks

Yes, I am large, and just going to get larger.
But whatdoyado?
I just say enjoy the one time in life, besides your toddler/diaper days, that it's accepted and considered somewhat "cute" to have a protruding belly and equally growing back side.....
(....Talk to me in another 10 weeks though:/)

So here she is:
(Picture taken at 21 1/2 weeks)
Well, I am finally past the half way mark!
I experienced pretty intense morning/all-day sickness with this pregnancy right from the start, and it lasted all the way through last week (22 weeks). Yes, that was a past tense I used there...I think I am finally coming out of it (YAY!) - because I haven't been REALLY sick for a whole week now
(just a couple days but Zofran quickly came to my rescue).
 I'm really optimistic that the worst is behind me!
  Preterm labor set in  at 31 weeks with Emmie, so I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous of the prospect of repeating that scenario. I am really hopeful however that my body will hold out better this time around. Every pregnancy is different, right? :) Only time will tell.
I have been feeling her move for a couple months now, and sometimes I forget that she's even in there until I am jolted by her little kicks and somersaults. It really is such a miracle to have a little human being growing inside of you. What an amazing experience and so worth any amount of nausea/bedrest etc we might have to encounter along the way.
We have a few names in mind, and one in particular keeps floating through my head every time I think of her. We are still open to suggestions though so if you have any good ones, send them over! :) I love to hear what names people like... even though it's all so subjective. I'd really love to use a vowel name because I think they sound cutest with Emmie, but vowel starting or not, I'd love to hear what you think!;)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Yay for being haflway done! I will cross my fingers for you that the feeling good will last. I will also hope for no bedrest...yikes, preterm labor that early sounds really scary! No wonder you are nervous! But yes, every pregnancy is different so let's hope this one will be a different scenario. So let's hear the name you have in mind! I love the name Sicily, but Jared said no. Surprise. And I feel just like you--it is just amazing to think that there is a little life, a little spirit, inside of you growing. It is so humbling and beautiful. And YOU look so beautiful!

Rae Lynn said...

Michelle, you are beautiful. I'm so glad to read a post about someone who is positive about being pregnant. So many people complain and it gets old to those that would do anything to have such a special experience. Enough on that~so glad that you are feeling better. That would be hard to be sick all of the time. Names we like are Danika, Berlynn, and Kinley. No matter what you decide to name this little angel she sure is set to be absolutely adorable! :)

Amanda said...

You are so stinkin' cute! I like Olivia a lot. So does Jill. Maybe one day we'll all have our own little Olivia...glad you are feeling a little better:)

Steve Fuller said...

Thelma