*FYI*I actually posted this last week, but happened to do so just in the time frame that Blogger had a major malfunction (sounds like my luck) and all posts and comments made during that time were erased from thousands of blogs, mine being one of them. So for those who left a comment on the original post - I didn't go through and delete your comments, my original post was just never restored! So here I go again!
Although I usually prefer baskets full of candy and some hard boiled eggs on Easter morning, the Easter Bunny decided to generously bless me with an extra nasty bout of morning sickness this year
(albeit my 15 weeks at the time).
Not to complain - such is life these days & it's not a huge deal - it just makes for getting much of anything done near impossible.;)
So since I spent much of the morning with my head in the toilet, getting ready for Stake Conference on time at all was out of the question, not to mention getting the kiddos ready. So Chris went himself and by 12:30 or so I managed to have the family ready for the holiday.
That sounds about right these days.
But not without a few quick festivities first....
(I know - messed up priorities on Easter but at least we could do these in our pj's & with vomit breath:)
Parker and Emmie were thrilled to find new bikes amidst their Easter surprises.
I know, I know. Bikes are usually Santa's gig, but let's be real. How fun is it to get bikes for Christmas, in the middle of the winter in Utah, only to have them sit in the garage for 5-6 months until the sun decides to show it's shining face (which in May we are still waiting to see btw..)?
Not so awesome.
So bikes it was for Easter this year.
I think the kids were more excited for the chocolate in their plastic eggs though.
Go figure.
The kiddos finally in their polished attire for the day.
They of course didn't have picture perfect smiles for the camera, but were pretty good at offering some unsolicited silly faces.
Next it was off to my cute Grandma, Mimi's house for the afternoon. She is always a great party hostess and her annual egg hunt that she's put on for the last 30+ years did not disappoint. Parker not only came out with 2 Easter baskets full of fun treats via my Grandma and my Dad (as did Emmie), but made $11 on the egg hunt!
Not bad for a four-year-old!
I went a little crazy taking pictures of my brother Steve and his wife Kylie, but it was just to make up for the fact that they were just weeks away from leaving to live back in New Jersey for the summer where Steve(n) will be doing an internship with the NJ Nets! Last year it was New York and Times Square, and now this!
What fun for them!
Next we were off to the Hansens for yet another
egg hunt, a delicious turkey dinner, fun fun fun with the aunts and uncles and lots of swinging!
My kids would swing all day if they could!
It was a fun, BUSY day!
I'm tired just thinking about it.
I think that next year I am requesting that the E-Bunny visit us on Saturday.
Sundays shouldn't be that crazy!:)




3 comments:
Your kids are so cute! And congratulations! That is so exciting you're having another one! You're lucky you have a girl and a boy so it doesn't matter what you have!
Congratulations! That is so exciting to have another one on the way. In one of your comments to me you referenced #3 but I didn't know if that was a "future" #3 or like a "I'm pregnant" with #3! I am so happy for you!
Your kids are adorable! I am so sorry you have been sick! I can't imagine having 2 little ones running around and being pregnant. It was hard when I was pregnant with Presley and Sadie was running around, but I had Chloe to help me out. Hang in there!
So I guess I was one of the ones whose comments got deleted when Blogger went all weird. So I guess I will try to duplicate my comment...? Looks like quite the spectactular Easter! And Parker, wow...he made bank!! Your kids have a much more generous Easter bunny than mine :)
so when do you find out what you're having??? I keep thinking it should be any time. I can't wait to hear!!
Post a Comment