Thursday, May 26, 2011

Best day for a best friend

Do you know how every once in a while, you are just blessed to have an amazing day, one that you have been waiting for? And do you know how there are some people who you just know were simply destined to be a part of your life? Well, combine those two elements, and they make for one incredible day! 
On May 6th, my beautiful, long-time friend and one of my favorite people of all time got married in the Salt Lake Temple. It was an awesome day to say the least and I am so happy for she and her new husband! He is one lucky guy!

The Happy Couple
 Lacey and Dallas
Lacey and I met back in 8th grade (um, that's 18 years ago :/)and quickly became best friends after she passed me a note during class one day. I practically lived at her house during High School and couldn't have had a better example by my side during those crazy and impressionable years. She and her awesome fam made a huge impact for good on my life and I give them much credit for the good decisions I made early on that have kept me on the path I am still on today.
Lace and her cute sis Brookie were my adopted sisters since I didn't have one of my own. :)
I adore these girls!
I spent over an hour last night trying to find some of our (sweet) high school pictures but with no luck. I pretty much found every picture I've ever taken but the ones I wanted. Apparently I'm not that organized.
But I do have a few that were already scanned into my computer...:
Here Lacey and I are in our limo on the way to prom - with our dates of course. Lacey and I fell in love with the same dress, (I know not a great pic of them) so we showed up (yes, on purpose) to our senior prom in identical dresses, just different colors. We thought we were pretty awesome but I don't think anyone even noticed that we had the same dress on.  
On a side note, my date (yes, also my high school boyfriend) is to the left (your left) and is a lot nicer -and cuter- than this picture presents.... and not to be prideful but isn't my hair awesome? :) I loved it.
L to R: Cami, me, Tammy, Amanda, Lacey, Jill & Megan
Here we are with some of our closest friends from back in the day. Believe it or not, we all still see each other regularly. Except for Megan that is... where are you, Megan?!
This (above) is the night of our senior yearbook signing - 13 years ago! 
Yep - 13 years.
I cringe at that number.
But we still look the same, right?....
Amanda, Lacey, Jill and I at the reception.
I love these girls!!
YAY for Lacey & Dallas!
... &CHEERS to girlfriends, and lifelong ones at that!(we missed you Cami and Tammy!:)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh, that's so neat. And how awesome that you girlfriends have all stayed so close! Loved the pics from your past. Yes, your hair DOES look awesome, and it was funny to see the guys trying to look so Rico Suave. :)

Amanda said...

What a sweet post. Loved the trip down memory lane. Lacey looks so gorgeous. You took some great pictures. Love the prom pics:)

Efamily said...

What a FUN post, and how exciting for Lacey (she is so adorable). I have been a serious slacker in the blogging world, but I am excited to hear the GOOD NEWS (for Lacey and for YOU)!!!! Congratulations on the upcoming baby! I hope you are feeling better...those first few months are so miserable(especially when you have other little ones to take care of). It will get better soon...Take care, love ya.

Ali

Carly said...

I think I went to High School (maybe Junior High) with Dallas! Grainger? Crazy small world :)