Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lumped again

 February was once again a month of celebrations.
And once again I am lumping them altogether....
How fun for you who happens to be reading this oh-so-exciting blog.
 The month started out with Chris' brother, Dustin's birthday.
It was #28 for him & guess what? 
He's single!
Last I heard anyways.
Find me in the comment section if you know of a super cute friend of a friend you want to set him up with.
I love to set people up. :)
It's a bit of a disorder.
Last person I set up happened to be my sis in law, who happened to marry the guy I lined her up with.
Shabam.
Not to be cocky or anything. ;)
(& not that I usually go around saying words like "Shabam"...seriously. I'm really tired.)
& can I just say thank goodness for disorders that result in love connections?

Next up we got together with my Dad's side of the fam and celebrated my cute Grandma, my Aunt, and my sister-in-law Kylie's birthdays.
If ya know of any super cute Grandpa's ages 85+ to line my Grandma aka Mimi up with, let me know.
Just kiddin'.
We also celebrated Valentines Day at this shindig seeing as it was Feb. 13th. It felt more like Dec. 25 with all the presents filling the room and all the loot my kiddos walked away with. Good times. :)
Thanks Mimi and Grandpa Todd!

 On Valentines Day we took the kiddos bowling for the first time. I was a pretty good bowler once upon a time (in my good old days of high school white trash bowling), but I think that P and E came out with better scores than me that night.
 Above Emmie is celebrating a strike (adorned btw with a cute V-Day necklace Parker made her at school). I'll blame my loss of concentration on my constant efforts of trying to keep my crazy kiddos from being slammed in the noggin' with  neighboring bowling balls. We've had our fair share of head injuries in this last year, thanks. Keeping them out of harms way was a full time job and required constant restraint for the 2 1/2 year old. It was fun & I'm glad we did it, but let's say we won't be joining any family bowling leagues in the near future.


Next up was my FIL Lance's birthday. Yes, that makes birthday #5 for the month, and actually make that #6, as Chris' brother Eric and his wife had baby boy #2 on the 10th. Unfortunately we couldn't do much celebrating with them as they live in Texas, but we are very happy for a new cousin!
Back to Lance's party -- I was loving the exchange between Emmie and her Great-Grandpa Lonczyna. I cherish those types of moments knowing that this cute man (in his 90's)  may not be around for Emmie to remember down the line.
I'm so thankful for cameras so that moments like these can be recorded forever.


As the month continued, we took advantage of our new Thanksgiving Point Season Pass that Chris got our fam for Christmas, and visited the Dinosaur Museum. These two love dinosaurs - even Emmie. She is always prancing around on her tip toes, arms in attack position and growling, "RAAAAAR! I'm a T-Rex."

I'm really glad these things are extinct.
& don't worry, I cut my hair this week.
 In more exciting news, we purchased  a much needed new couch that the kiddos are sitting on in this pic. I really kinda love it.
Just for the heck of it I let Parker practice his camera taking skills after church on Sunday. Blurry is sometimes better and the ruffled hair and bunched up shirt under my cardigan are reminiscent of my crazy once-a-month Sundays that Chris has to work wherein I brave church by myself with my oh-so-reverent kiddos (that was laced with sarcasm.). But nonetheless I am triumphant in this picture as we survived our Sunday. Let's just say a good nap on those days is more than well-deserved.

And... onto the last day of the month! The Bachelor!
(This is the part to sign out on if you aren't a dedicated Monday night fan) 
I was really glad that whiney Ashley left. She definitely shot herself in the foot after not being able to talk about her thoughts on the future even after repeated chances by Brad to redeem herself. For such an educated person she really stinks at communicating! & I was confused at why Brad kept saying that he really wanted it to work with her...seriously? Call me crazy but I think those words might come back to haunt him with whoever he up choosing in the end...
Chantal....so I would have FREAKED if I were her and had to spend the night in a treehouse in the middle of the jungle in South Africa! Are you kidding - lions are not our friends, and they are especially not desirable bunkmates. I can't believe they did that! I hyperventilate at the thought of sleeping in a tent in Utah mountains at Girls Camp. But a South African jungle?! Heh UHH!
 I think it's all about Emily at this point....she is my final prediction. Although I do think the idea of her having a child freaks Brad out and rightfully so.
Who knows.
Maybe he'll walk away again.
I won't hate him for it if he does.
Such drama and seriously such a stupid show that I'm addicted to! But I love it! & I hear that next week's "The Women Tell All" is quite the shocker, especially with Michelle...

Happy March! :)


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister is in Provo and is single too!

Unknown said...

Sorry, this is Rae Lynn:)

benandtheshannon said...

I have 2 sisters that are single:) hey we really should get together unless you are avoiding me on purpose :)