Less than 10 hours after I made my last post about our active little guy, Parker made a move that ironically would keep him from being active for weeks to come...
I will give the ten page, detailed post about this later, (you know I will :) but for now I just wanted to give the quick cliff notes version and update all those of you who have wondered how everything is going or let those of you who weren't aware, up to date on what has happened. It's been hard to keep up on all the texting!
Here goes with a quick rundown:
LOCATION: My Mom and StepDad's home in St. George.
Packing the car & minutes from leaving for a 10 day trip to CA and Disneyland.
Kids in master bedroom, sitting on fireplace, eating granola bars and watching kitten play.
Minute later....
Chris yelling.
Parker hysterical!
Me running...
Super heavy, 10 ft tall door fell on top of our little Parker.
Trauma to the head.
ER at Dixie Regional.
Parker going between complete hysterics to sleepy.
Cat scan. Lots of throw up.
REPORT: 2 skull fractures & air pocket by brain that could lead to brain damage in the next 48 hours.
Complete DEVASTATION!
Life flight to Primary Childrens in Salt Lake.
Absolute horror.
WORST hour and a half of my life.
2 ambulance rides.
Poor Chris and Emmie driving 5 hour trek from St. G to Salt Lake.
Better news in SL! Neuro doc at Primary's not concerned for brain damage.
PHEW!
Huge shiner.
Broken skull and eye socket.
Nasty concussion.
4 days in the Neuro Trauma Unit at Primary's.
Lots of prayers! Our ward has been amazing! THANK YOU!
MiRaClE - he is going to be fine!
Counting our blessings that Emmie wasn't hit too. Was 2 feet away and we are sure it would have killed her - door was at least 200 pounds.
The good news???
He is home!
He is fine!
We are so blessed!
No running or climbing for at least 6 weeks as fracture heals and concussion clears. Must always wear a helmet.
We will take it!
Thank you to all of you who have had us in your thoughts and prayers! We have felt tremendously blessed this week amidst such a horrible accident.
I wish I had had my lap top to blog about this from the hospital. It definitely would have been an easier way to keep everyone in the loop and a time saver from the phone calls and texting where cell service was a challenge.
Thank you for all of your concern! It could have been sooo much worse and we are just feeling very blessed to have our little guy in one piece!!!
What a reminder that life can change in an instant & to cherish the moments that we have...we are overwhelmed with gratitude at this outcome & our hearts go out to the many of those who don't experience the happy ending that we are fortunate to walk away with!
19 comments:
So glad things are going better...Your family will be in our prayers!!
Oh my gosh Michelle! I started balling when I saw the picture. What a scary time. I am so so glad that it all will be well. I still am sitting here shaking. Miracles do happen and he and the littlest one were being watched over. HUGS!!
Wow! I had no idea! I am sooooo glad to hear he is okay. We will keep you in our prayers. What a reminder of how quickly things can change. I'm hugging my kids a little tighter! Hang in there!
Marenda
Wow Michelle! I'm so glad that he is okay. What a miracle. Since I didn't know about this until now and couldn't pray that he would be okay, I'll pray that YOU will make it through the next six weeks. :)
Michelle, we are SO glad he is ok! When I first got your text my stomach sunk and my heart was broke for you! Knowing that sweet, energetic, funny, fast running, hard playing little boy that runs around with my Baden was hurt so bad seemed like a dream. I couldn't imagine Parker to be any different! I am so thankful and feel so blessed to be able to Pray for you and your family! We will continue praying for Parker. And we are SO glad he is home! Can't wait for the day he can return to play group and riding his scooter around. What a blessing!
I am so relieved for you guys. You have definitely been in my prayers! Get better fast, Parker!
Oh Michelle, I am shocked at this. I'm so glad that everything is going to be okay. What a traumatic thing to go through. Will be thinking and praying for all of you guys.
Shimmey!!!! I'm so glad he is ok. I'm sure you were so scared and then so relieved. Being a mom is so hard! Tyler fractured her skull last December- it's been a bit of a long year! Please call if you have any questions or anything. Love you!!
Wow, what a week for you guys! I'm really at a loss for words. I'm just so glad that the dimpled cutie is doing so much better!
Michelle! Oh my word, I felt physically sick as I was reading your post. Like you said, THANK HEAVENS he is going to be okay, but I cannot imagine the emotional agony you went thru during that flight to Primary's and wondering what was going to happen to your sweet little boy! Ohh, I just cringe to think about what COULD have happened. How did the door fall? You guys will definitely be in our prayers as Parker recovers...poor thing!
Michelle my goodness, I am just in shock. Usually I get the happiest upbeat posts from your blog. I had no idea, I hope you are doing OK. and I am so glad that he is doing better. What a blessing. I will check back for updates. I love you! Take care and get some rest girl.
Ali
My heart dropped when I saw the picture and title. I am so glad that everything worked out ok. HOw scary! Totally takes me back to when Cody was in his accident. Life is so precious. Thank you for the reminder. I am going to squeeze Lincoln a little tighter tonight. XOXO!
I am so glad to hear everything turned out the way it did!! those kind of experences for sure make us look at our daily lives and cherish every little moment alittle more than we normaly do. I hope he continues to feel better every day!!
I am always checking in on your blog and was so surprised to see this post. It just made me cry. You have a tough little guy and the Lord was watching over you. We will keep your family in our prayers.
Oh Michelle! I am so sorry! That must have been SOOOOO scary! I can't even imagine. I'm really glad he's okay. Did you know I worked on the Neuroscience/Trauma Unit? What a blessing that he's not stuck there doing surgeries and rehab. It could have been so much worse! I love that sweet Parker and I hope he feels better soon!
I am so happy Parker's okay - what a miracle!! You guys are definitely in my prayers, but thank heaven he's going to be fine. I can't imagine how scary the whole ordeal must've been...
I have been checking your blog daily waiting for the good news!!! I am so glad everything is okay. You are an angel mother and will have him running around in no time. What will you do with him for the next few weeks while he is suppose to be resting? I can't even imagine.. We love you guys and know that you are still in our prayers.
Michelle, oh my gosh I can't believe that! I am so grateful that he is ok, how scary I really can't even imagine what you all went through. Poor little guy that is just so horrible. I had to scroll down and make sure he was ok before I could even read the whole thing. You guys are all in our thoughts and prayers I am SO glad he is home. If there is anything you need please let us know, I know we are far but it is only a few days by mail. :)
oh my gracious! we are just now checking in to your cute family and i am crying reading this. what a miracle indeed!! glad to hear things are better and hope you are doing well. you are all in our prayers.
Post a Comment