Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby steps

(These pics were taken in September - a week before Parker's accident)


This last five weeks our P-Man hasn't been able to participate in some of his favorite activities....


Like play on his scooter...

...or run around the backyard with his sis....




or play with his friends and participate in playgroup each week.



Well this last week is worth noting! We allowed him go outside in the backyard (above) last Monday for the first time since the accident. Bubbles were the chosen safe activity since climbing, running, jumping, & scootering are still out. I think he was just happy to enjoy the crisp fresh air for a minute while Chris mowed the lawn. (No worries - we went for a haircut about an hour later to cut off that shab)...


Parker also had his little playgroup over on Wednesday for the first time since September. The strategic "activity" was a movie (Wall-E) and popcorn in hopes of keeping everyone stationery and to avoid any rough housing or potential head bonks. It was good to see Parker with his buddies again (minus Addi and Nate). He always looks forward to seeing friends especially after such a long house arrest, so it was lot of fun!

HOORAY for a little bit of normalcy!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Serisouly could these kiddos get any cuter? I think not. So glad that Parker is doing so good and Baden was so exicted to see Parker! Hope you guys are having the time of your lives.

Hollie said...

The last week, when dropping off at preschool I asked him if he needed help out of the van or if he could "hop" out on his own. He very politely reminded me that he was not to "hop." It made me giggle. I still laugh when I think about it. Kids are so funny.