Halloween.... Cute costumes, cute kids, too much candy, too much time spent in the kitchen making yummy chili and cornbread and homemade pizza for the kiddos while Chris worked (well worth it for the best new chili recipe!), a tiny bit of rain, surprise guests, patient Lady Bug dog... LOTS OF FUN!!!
My kids adore their Uncle Zach. You can see why... what kids wouldn't love an Uncle who would go to such extremes for their niece and nephew's entertainment?
'Nough said. Thanks Zach. They loved it! :)
"Jessie" was a trooper and went out Trick or Treating just as long as her sidekick Buzz. I have to interject that I don't know how fair it is that the Mom's have to stay home and give out candy while the Dad's get to go out for all the Trick or Treat excitement with the kids. I ended up ditching my door duties so I could tag along for the first few houses & witness some of my kiddo's Trick or Treating fun firsthand. When I came back, half our candy bucket I left abondened on the step was gone but it was all worth it to follow these little Toy Story characters around for a minute.
When the candy seekers got back I remembered an old Halloween costume that we had bought for Roxy back when we lived in Arizona, before we had kids when she was the Center of our Universe. (oh how things have changed!) I thought the kids would love seeing their pup dressed up so I dusted it off - and - well, have a look yourself:
LOVE - Parker and Emmie DID! Roxy -- not so much!
Just look at her pained little face.
Our kids have never tried to pick up the dog before. But apparently this costume had a "CARRY ME" sign on it invisible to adults, because for some reason when this Lady of a Dog was transformed into a Lady BUG, Parker and Emmie suddenly thought they needed to carry her around the kitchen.
This is some serious teamwork here.
Emmie pulled out her high shrieking shrills of laughter and she and P were laughing HYSTERICALLY as they tried to tote the dog around together. Roxy on the other hand did not find it nearly as humorous but nontheless was patient in their antics. What a good dog. I would have bitten them for sure. :)
What a fun night and what a crack up! Well, maybe not to Roxy. :)
HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!
& thanks again Grandma J for making Buzz and Jessie come to life by getting their costumes for them!




1 comment:
What a great photographer you are! I think I took one picture of my kids that night....I should really be better at that.
I'm with you on the mom's staying to pass out candy. Next year I'm leaving Brent home to do the boring job ;)
Post a Comment