Dear Cute & Thoughtful Arizona Friend:
I was intrigued last week when a package showed up on my doorstep brought by the UPS man. I wasn't expecting anything & wondered what in the world it could be.
My curiousity had the best of me and I immediately ripped open the box.
Inside unveiled another big box from Bath & Body Works that said, "Happy Birthday" with an attached heart-touching, anonymous card.
A huge smile enveloped my face & a few flattered tears welled up in my eyes.
WHAT?! How could someone be that nice? To ME? Really?!
Inside I found a box full of my favorite Bath & Body Works foamy handsoaps. This sweet friend went above and beyond by taking my wishful sarcasm seriously from the bottom of this post a few weeks back. The truth is, my birthday isn't until next week, but what a wonderful early birthday present! Your kindness really boosted my spirits on a day that I really needed it! ...& oh how I love to be stocked up on my Island Nectar and Caribbean Escape handsoaps! It might be an illness but the thought makes me giddy inside... :)
I am so undeserving but so very grateful. Thank you for making my day. And for making me feel so special. You have reminded me to actually act upon acts of kindness, and not just think about them.
What a gift! I promise I will pay this forward!
The world is undoubtedly a better place with people like YOU in it!
Thank you for your genuine friendship & example!!!
I am definitely a lucky girl.
Thank you again!!! I sure miss my Arizona friends! (In fact, I have been richly blessed with great friends in all stages of my life & I wish I could see all of you much more often!!)
xoxo
~Michelle


2 comments:
You absolutely deserved it! You are an amazing daughter of God who has touched so many lives! I hope that you have a wonderful birthday next week! ;)
by the way, happy birthday! i know your birthday is in september! i hope you had a great one. how about a birthday lunch?
Post a Comment