We've had some exciting, long-awaited changes take place around here in the last couple of weeks....
Emmie, who is quickly approaching 2 years old coming up in August, has been riding around town in her baby car seat.... up until about 2 weeks ago that is. That's right... Same rear facing baby seat that she came home from the hospital in. (Hey - the weight limit is 35 lbs and E is barely over 20...) It was high time for her to graduate and move onto a big girl seat, so - well overdue, I marched our little fam to Babies R Us and told the stressed husband that we weren't leaving without a new seat for Emmie. It's never easy for him to spend money - even on necessities such as this. (Understandably - is it ever fun to drop $300+ on a car seat?)If I had left it to him, I'm pretty sure she would have been stuffed in that baby seat until Kindergarten. Love ya honey. But you know it's very well true. :)
THE PROUD PASSENGER:
Needless to say, Little E has been thrilled ever since & loves her new ride.
New carseat for Emmie: CHECK!
NEXT UP:
THE P-MAN
This little guy, who is rapidly approaching the big 4 next month, had still been sleeping in his toddler bed - up until 2 weeks ago that is. Same drill as above....forced a family shopping outing on the hubby and told him that our little guy was growing and that he no longer qualifies as a toddler, therefore his "toddler bed" was no longer acceptable.
Above is the before...
Beige blah walls and itty bitty bed (that was made that day by P himself btw), transforms into:
{DRUMROLL PLEASE}
{...& Hallelujah chorus sets in}
A big boy bed!
HOORAY!!!
and how about that? even got rid of the icky wall color in trade of a serene blue.
THIS much needed transition makes me so so so happy! WHY?! I don't cringe with guilt at having my growing little guy stuffed into a tiny bed every time I walk through his door anymore. & absent are the feelings of being a bad mom due to never having painted his room a fun color due to the chaos that collapsed on us soon after we moved here (my brother's unexpected death followed by a stressful & difficult pregnancy (heart issues at 20 weeks followed by preterm labor and bedrest)).... Sounds silly, but I am breathing easier these days as a result of these simple but overdue changes. Pictures still need to be hung but I am truly content with it for now! YAY! :)
BIG BOY BED FOR P: CHECK!
NEXT UP:
Alright so this one did not fall into the "necessity" category but it sure has boosted my sanity levels!
Last Fall we brought inside our little outdoor picnic table to use for Joyschool. It was never intended to stay in our kitchen... but it became such a practical convenience that it ended up staying put. Practicality seems to be something that we succumb to when our lives revolve around little ones.... even when it's a huge eyesore. Which is fine, & I'm all for it...it's how we have to roll sometimes, but inside I longed for something a little bit cuter. & a little bit smaller. Something that actually didn't overtake our kitchen as a bulky bright red and blue blob that matched nothing but the crayons used on it....Having said that I do love the picnic table - such a great purchase - just not as the focal point of my main living area...
Then I saw it. At Downeast Home. A highly discounted Thomas Table originally from Pottery Barn. And red chairs. That matched my great room. PeRfEcT. I really wanted it. Oh how I wanted it. I'm not an impulse buyer. I am a frugal, careful shopper. I don't covet many things. I went home and pondered it. Told the husband about it. Told him why I really must have it. It would make me so happy. So so happy. Couldn't stop thinking about it. Blessed Husb gave the green light to get it.
WHAT?!
{Hallelujah chorus repeat}

Bless him. I love it. Absolutely love it. It makes me happy. Ridiculously happy. & the picnic table is happier to be outside. Where it belongs. With popsicles and melted mac and cheese on hot summer days.
And these two? They love it too. Maybe not as much as me, but they like it alright.
& as you can see, they love P's new bed, too. At night time, they climb in together squealing and laughing, Emmie telling me "Night night", followed by her yelling for me to, "Go!".
It almost hurts my feelings. :)
No, they don't sleep in the same room. They just find it highly hysterical to pretend that they do....
....& that's the excitement of our crazy month. Three big things (wait - FOUR - definitely 4 with that check mark next to girls camp) checked off my list, making JUNE a highly productive month in my book! :) YAY!


7 comments:
Maybe it's time for me to get Molly into a bed instead of her crib. Not excited for that change. I love the little table and of course the pics of your cute kids.
Could you be any cuter and on the ball?!? I doubt it. You are seriously one together lady! Girls Camp, family parties, painting adorable rooms, shopping for (and finding) darling things all at the same time. And then blogging about it. I'm tired just reading about it. I'm going to go take a nap now ;)
How much do you charge for your services? Seriously it is crazy how cute your decorating always is. So timeless and classy and gotta love a bargain! :) BTW where did you get Parker's bed from? Miss you tons and wish you still lived close by!
Loved catching up on your blog. Glad you survived Girls Camp, I have to admit I am glad I flew under the radar on that one. We are STILL trying to find a cute bedroom set for Jackson poor kid will be sleeping on his mattress on the ground forever. Love Parkers bed...too cute! Glad you talked Chris into getting Emmie into a big girl carseat it must be the mercedes of carseats are they really over 300? I guess it has been a few years since we had to get one, we had to special order three narrow ones a few years back maybe I just forgot how much they are. That table and chair set is SO cute as well seriously I will have to tag along shopping with you when we move back. :)
Love the table!!! It would make me very happy too. Also love the other exciting changes too, although it means our kids are growing up WAY TOO FAST!!! Good things they are adorable!
Your kids are so cute!! I love the big bed and the table is to die for cute. ADOREABLE is all I can say about Emmi. Miss you and hope to be able to get together soon.
too fun!
looks like you have been busy, but in fun ways!!
thanks for the ideas on Milk, our daily struggle around here, I hope not to stress so much now!!!
Post a Comment