Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I made it :)

I'm alive!
I survived Girls Camp last week.
Yep.
In the Uintas.
In a tent.
With the bears.
All the while battling a nasty cold that pretty much made me miserable - especially that first night.
HOWEVER.
Despite all that, I admit, I still managed to have a good time!
I love being in the mountains (just not sleeping there) & it was definitely a beautiful place (Camp Camelot - Fruitland, UT).
See for yourselves:

A few of the highlights:

  • A 3 mile hike to the top of that big ridge
  • Tubing down the river was so much fun despite the icy water
  • The food! That is a lot for me to say because I am picky but one of the girl's dads was our cook and he was amazing! Best scones ever, homemade hot krispy kreme doughnuts, hawaiian haystacks....the food was super delish!
  • Night time devotionals. There is something about being in the mountains, sitting under the stars & listening to a wonderful speaker bear witness of the truthfulness of the gospel that makes the entire week worth the trip. Such an amazing feeling.
  • Spending quality time with the girls! I love getting to know each of them better, as well as the other leaders.

All in all - success!

Especially maybe because I had to leave a day early to get back to my orphaned children....(Thanks Hansens for watching them!)




{Can you find me? }

What's cool: Hanging out with 12-18 year old girls. Not Cool?: Having everyone think you are one of the 12-18 year old girls...

3 words: STORY OF MY LIFE! :) LOL I'm THIRTY, people!!!

1 comment:

L said...

Glad girls camp was fun. I've haven't ever been as a leader. I know the girls adored you. You are a perfect example for them.