
Chris & I celebrated our TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY on June 24th! Trust me when I say that I can't believe it either! It floors me to think about it!
We had such a wonderful day. Probably my favorite annniversary yet! After playing with our kids at the splash park during the day, we got a babysitter ( a rarety) and went to dinner at the ROOF at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in downtown Salt Lake with a view overlooking our wedding place, the Salt Lake Temple (note the picture above). We had our wedding luncheon and reception in this building (JS Building) so it is definitely sentimental to us. We also went to The Roof for our one year anniversary, so it was fun to visit again 9 years later!

....We went and peeked in the same room that our reception was held in during the exact same hour - just ten years earlier. It was occupied by a wedding dinner...darn! We were tempted to crash it but restrained ourselves...It was truly surreal to think that we were there celebrating our own wedding 10 years earlier to the hour in that same exact place! It was really neat to be there. These pictures were taken on the Mezzanine floor which is where we had a large portion of our wedding pics taken.
Off to the beautiful temple grounds....

The cute sister missionaries that took this picture above for us guessed that we were celebrating our FIRST anniversary. Haha! You can imagine how their jaws dropped when we told them it was #10! No, I didn't get married when I was 13 (almost 21), I am just cursed to look like a perpetual teenager. With wrinkles. :) Although I think we are getting a little less dorky looking as we age (maybe?), so that is a good thing... :)
What a wonderful journey it has been! Click here for a stroll down memory lane, a wedding pic, and the mushy stuff....
and for the record,
these two are definitely our greatest thrills in life:

My patriarchal blessing talks about how 'great joy will come into our lives as we bring into this world some of our Heavenly Father's chosen spirits'....That is truer than I ever could have dreamed! We are so grateful for our two little ones and the way they have enriched our lives!
What a blessing to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and to be an eternal family!
Happy Anniversary to us! :)
7 comments:
What a great way to celebrate. I can't believe 10 years. Congrats!!!
Wow! Congrats on 10 years! I'm glad you had a fun day and that you got a babysitter.
Wonderful! You lucky girl having your reception in the Joseph Smith building. And what is this curse...you don't look like a teenager. You are simply one beautiful gal inside and out! Happy anniversary to two wonderful people!
sounds like a fun day!
you for sure dont look like a teenager! you dont need to worrie about that, or just enjoy it, because it wount be forever you will look young!!!
Congrats to you! You are adorable, and don't have a wrinkle on your face! Looking like a teenager is not a curse in my book, acting like one (which you don't) definitely is. What a great family you guys are. We're so blessed to be surrounded by people like you!
I only wish I looked as HOT as you do!! Congrats on the big 10. I can't believe how big your kids look. We got together not so long ago and I swear they look bigger. Let me know when you have a minute to relax and we will come crash the party:) Hope all has gone well with your busy June. We have been taking Dex to a doc in Draper about once a week so we should plan a day that we can hang. Talk to you soon!!
Happy Anniversary! We are getting so OLD....10 years WOW! I am with ya on the whole teenager thing. I went with the youth to a stake boating activity and I didn't want to wear my ring for fear of losing it but I knew that was the only way I might be spared the embaressment of everyone refering to me as one of the girls. But I would have to agree with all the previous comments....you do look amazing! Glad you got a fun night out....love the pics!
Post a Comment