Well.
His face pretty much sums it up.
MISERABLE.
Oh the sad, sad, face.
You guessed it...poor Parker fell Victim #2....
Good news is that it didn't quite get to his lungs so they ruled out pneumonia for this one. Thank you! But he has surely been one SICKLY little guy.
I will spare all of the lovely details except to say (okay I'm not sparing you all the details) that on top of all the nasty symptoms that Em had, that he also is having lovely vomit episodes that began right in the doctors office yesterday morning, carried through last night where I didn't have to think twice about disposing his chucked on pillow (seriously how do you salvage a pillow soaked in throw up? You don't.), to having my precious three year old take the time to tell me with his head in the toilet in between hurling this morning, "Bye Mom, I'll miss you!" as I was leaving to go to a Dr. appointment myself (yeah I'm sick too).
Always such a thoughtful Little P, even mid-vomit. Oh, how I love my little guy.
The night before last as he was burning up with fever and his little body had chills so bad he was shaking uncontrollably, I sadly told him how sorry I was that he was sick.
He looked up at me with those baby blues which were overridden at the time by redness due to illness, and told me in his sickly, scratchy voice, (while shaking),
"It's okay, Mom. Don't worry, I will get better soon so that you and Daddy can play with me!".
?!?!?! Seriously! How does he have empathy like that? He's three! And he's reassuring ME that he'll be better soon so that Chris and I will have a playmate again?? All I can say is that this little three year old melts my heart.
Yes, somedays he also makes me want to rip my hair out, but in moments like this the charm and wisdom that accompanies his tiny body, but big spirit -- FAR cancels out and overrides his naughtiness.
(I realize that I can say that at the moment because he's laying quiet in bed...:))
The GREAT news is that THIS little cutie-
even though still sick herself, is bouncing back and seems to be on the upswing!
(Fingers crossed!)
YAY!!!
Thanks for all of your concern! :)
SO, our week that was supposed to be filled with practice Easter egg hunts, sugar cookie decorating, yummy treat making, egg dying and decorating, & fun festive Easter crafts hasn't quite turned out like I envisioned.
But that is life.
And it's okay. I am just grateful for health insurance and the blessing of modern medicine that have come to our aid this week & are helping my kids overcome illnesses that in some places around the world (even right here in the U.S.) can be deadly.
(1 in 5 patients with pneumonia don't make it - so said the doctor I saw this a.m.!)
So this Easter weekend, even with all the coughing, fevers, goopiness, aches, sore throats, and even vomit in our home & with 3 of us on antibiotics, & minus all the exciting Easter festivities, my little fam has much to be grateful for! And we are!
(Here's to still hoping P will get better quick - he hasn't made much progress so far & I'm still praying for a miracle so that he can hunt for eggs this weekend...!)

5 comments:
I'm so sorry you have all been sick and pneumonia is scary. Kasen had it once. Trying to keep my children breathing and healthy is the thing that has probably felt the most overwhelming with adding a third child. Sometimes I wonder how I will be able to do it. Hang in there! I am totally with you about being thankful for modern medicine. Get better soon!
Marenda
I have decided that sick kids is one of the hardest things about motherhood.
No one ever told me about that one.
Throw up, sleepless nights, fevers.....honestly we don't get paid enough for that.
Hope everyone feels better by Easter. Love ya.
Ali
So sorry that is not fun at all. Spring is here, NOT I woke up to a foot of snow. You must have more? YUCK. Good luck with everything. Call me in July...:) J/k hope to talk soon. have fun in St. George if you still go.
Poor Parker and Emmie. No fun. But... they are two of the cutest sick kids I've ever seen!
The Easter vomit bunny visited your house too?? Poor guy, I hope he gets feeling better soon - so sad to be sick for such a fun holiday. :(
Post a Comment