Monday, December 1, 2008

A tree in his name

My older brother Michael was really involved with the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation. Sadly, a family friend whom we grew up with, passed away several years ago of the disease, and this had quite an impact on Michael. He got involved with MDF and did quite a bit of charity work raising money for them within the community. After his death last year, one of his friends whom he knew through MDF, invited our family to La Caille (her father is the owner), where they planted a tree in Michael's name. They were so kind to us and even gave us gift certificates to return the following year to see the growing tree and it's progress. Last Monday, Chris and I, my Dad and my little brother (my Mom and Stepdad couldn't come as they live in St. George now) were able to return for a great dinner in honor of my brother and to see the tree's development. We had a wonderful time and are so grateful to La Caille for honoring my brother in this way. It is so fitting for "his" tree to be planted in the middle of some of the most beautiful grounds in all of Utah, where big and lavish parties take place, as Michael always loved to be the center of attention at a good party....the thought makes me smile....:)


Bon Appetit!
This is definitely the fanciest restaurant I've ever eaten at. Somehow I figured out that asking for a booth and a to-go box were inappropriate... I'm not so sure how well we fit in there! We were giggling at the fact that underneath one of the entree choices it read "financing available".... Um, yeah, do you have a no interest plan for that??
It was a great experience and a fun night, and the food was delicious.
Thanks to La Caille for being so generous, and for doing something so meaningful for a family they didn't even know!

1 comment:

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

What a neat thing to be able to do. Do I see.....NO KIDS! Were you actually kid free for an evening? What a treat! The food looks yummy and I'm glad you were able to do something in honor of your brother. I'm glad you had a happy Thanksgiving too.