Monday, December 15, 2008

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Who can watch this claymation version of Rudolph and not be reminded of their childhood? I used to LOVE this show when I was a kid! I DVRed it for Parker a few weeks back and was excited to let him watch it and learn about the legend of this little Reindeer.
Did he like it?

It's pretty safe to say that he DID, seeming as every morning for the last 2 weeks between the dreaded hours of 4:45 a.m. and 5:15, we feel a pull at our covers followed by a tiny voice, "Mommy, Daddy! Watch Reindeer!". (No exaggeration!) Yep, the little munchkin is so excited about his new found friend, "Rudolph", that he awakens way too early from his slumber and invites (okay, forces) us to do the same, to watch "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". We don't necessarily end up watching it THIS early in the morning, but at sometime during the day, you're sure to find this show is playing in our home. I'm tellin' ya, when this 2 year old gets passionate about something, to say our household gets on overload of it is an understatement!
Speaking of claymation, Parker and I (okay, 95% of the credit goes to the 2 year old...thank goodness.) sculpted these very, um, creative snowmen (yes, all are snowmen) in the picture of above. Parker was so proud of his masterpieces. I didn't have the heart to tell him that they look more like disfigured alien insects... hmmm. I must be such a good mom. :)
MEETING THE REINDEER

We lucked out last week when we took a family drive through the Christmas lights at Thanksgiving Point (above) and found out that in addition to the light display, they had some of Santa's real reindeer there for us to visit. Needless to say, Parker was pretty excited to meet one of Santa's real reindeer, even if it wasn't Rudolph. It was FREEZING cold outside, so Emmie and I stayed in the car while Chris and Parker went to get their glimpse of the animals. They were only gone for about five minutes, but they returned having fulfilled their mission and most importantly with a satisfied Parker.
WELL,
The tree is up, the lights are twinkling, the snow is falling....It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... and we're EXCITED!!! :)

Next on our list?
VISITING SANTA....
we were going to go last week but I got sick....& now Parker's sick (not what I had)... hopefully we'll make it one of these days! We're running out of time!
HaPpY ChRiStMaS PrEp everyone!!!

4 comments:

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Those are the most Christmasy Snowmen I have EVER seen! Nice job Parker!

By the way... Im with Parker, I could watch Rudolph every day too. Well, almost every day!

SHIPP said...

You guys do the cutest stuff. Seeing reindeers and lights and pictures. Our Austin does the same thing early morning and rudolph, oh boy. Cute Christmas pics, Austin has the same sweater and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Great job Parker and Mom. I can't wait to see you for Christmas. I would love to go with you to see Santa. Let me know when you are going.Love Grandma

Christine said...

I love that movie, and I've been brainwashing my boys into loving it too. Easton loves the Abominable snowman. I love the picture at the top of your blog. Very cute!