Wednesday, December 3, 2008

O Christmas Tree

I just love the Festival of Trees!
Chris had the morning off of work so we went on a family outing to check out the event... Parker doing his now customary cheez-ball grinParker's favorite tree was this ball one (above). I admit, it was super cool and creative and had lots of people's attention, but unfortunately it was down the FIRST isle of trees that we looked at. Parker of course SCREAMED when we rolled him away from this fascination... and he screamed, and screamed....Chris finally looked at me, and said, "Uh, we'll be right back..." So, Emmie and I continued to check out some trees in peace. Upon their return, Parker was happy as could be.

WHY you ask? Why the sudden change in mood? Rest assured it was because he was chowing down on

THIS: Oh, the things we do and the games we must play to keep our children well-behaved (okay, semi-well behaved) in public....

Chris made it clear that FIRST came the lecture, THEN the popcorn....

Hey, whatever works, right?


On with the festival... it was a lot of fun! In case you won't be making it yourself, here is a small taste of what the event is offering this year... Emmie's favorite tree was this pink tree. Yes, she was asleep, but I'm just sure this was her favorite one.


Talk about ingenuity! I love it!

These trees are donated for many great causes and in behalf of many lost lives. It's so touching to go through and read the personal stories behind the tree displays...



Some of them were so creative... this one is made out of glass! Er, wait, maybe it's plastic...
And now for the tree you've been waiting for....
Tadah!
Our tree!
Okay, I know, it should have been in the festival. Ha.

6 comments:

SHIPP said...

i love the festival of trees too. while i was working at primary children's i really got to know a lot of the patients who have trees donated to them. thanks for the glance at the trees, i don't think i will make it this year!

JacksonFamily said...

Your family is so adorable Michelle. I remember visiting the festival of trees as a little girl when I lived in Bountiful. Your blog is fabulous! Good to keep in touch! Becca J.

Anonymous said...

These are really beautiful! I love your tree and Parker's grin is darling, Emmie does look sweet by the pink tree, she's a girls girl already!! ;0)

Jeanerbee said...

I love all the tree pics.. .yours included! It's giving me the holiday spirit. I'm not pulling out a single decoration this year because we are headed to Utah next week anyway and I don't want to have to put it away when we get back, lol. Hopefully we can get together before Christmas! Let me know what works for you!

aliciamae100 said...

I love this post, Michelle - from Parker's meltdown to the big reveal. :) Thanks for a very entertaining post and a few laughs.
Have you started sewing little birdies yet? ;) If you haven't, put a little rice in the tails so they balance better that mine did. They're all upside down now - I think I'm going to have to break out the glue gun...

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

I love the Festival of Trees and haven't been for a few years. So thanks for the pics!