Friday, October 24, 2008

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

FLASHBACK....
It all started... back in February of this year... we were planning a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth. To get Parker excited and familiar with the new friends he would be making on this trip, I tuned him into watching some episodes of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"....he liked the show alright, but it wasn't until he MET the big-earred guy in person, that he truly fell in love.....Just see for yourself in the picture below....
March 2008 FLASH FORWARD
October 17th, 2008.....
Chris' parents had a little Halloween party for their 3 grandkids last weekend since cousin Atticus was in town from Texas.

When asking Parker on numerous occasions what he wanted to be for Halloween, he would shoot his arm triumphantly up into the air, shouting, "Mick-ey Mooouuuuse"! OF COURSE. What was I thinking? Soooo... I was excited to find him this cute little Mickey costume at the Disney Store for 40% off and snagged it for only $15!
Have you ever seen a little boy looking so cute in tights? He wore them with pride.Parker got all kinds of cute treats while Trick-or-Treating from bedroom door to bedroom door.(Is that a cute idea or what?) Later, he got a big kick out of the witch's brew smoking from the big black cauldron, and had fun decorating his pumpkin with stickers. Emmie was just content to chill with a big Halloween bow on her head.

Cousin Atticus was super cute in his turtle costume - especially when crawling with the big turtle shell on his back! It was pretty funny.

The party was a big success and I think Mickey himself would be proud! I think it's safe to say that we all had a great time (despite the 2 screaming boys in this picture)! Experiencing in festivities that get your kids excited is such a fun aspect of parenting... it's like getting to be a kid all over again. I love it!
Just between us, holidays were getting a little dull there for a few years...now, with Mr. Parky Pants, I don't think we'll have another dull moment let alone holiday for at least another 18 years or so.
THANKS Grandma and Grandpa Hansen for such an enjoyable "pre" Halloween party for the kiddos, and for letting Parker walk in the shoes of one of his favorite buddies, MICKEY MOUSE.
And so, the costume hangs in the closet, awaiting next Friday evening, when the magic of being Mickey gets to be replayed all over again. Who knows, maybe Mickey will show up on YOUR doorstep next week.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Oh, and just in case, his favorite treats are M&M's! :)

1 comment:

aliciamae100 said...

Hey Michelle! I'm so glad you tracked me down. :) Your kids are SO CUTE! Parker is so charming and Emmie seems so sweet! Afton was born 8/22 and the two months have totally flown by, as I'm sure you know. I was just thinking about you and cute Roxy - glad to see she's still doing well. :) I'm excited to keep in touch better with you now!!