As we (myself, Parker and Emmie) were exiting the bathroom yesterday at church after a quick diaper change, a woman stopped me to check out Emmie who was in her carrier. After scanning her up and down for a moment, the woman said, "Ohhhh, uh, is it a boy or a girl? I can't tell...." Really???? I stared at her in disbelief for a moment, not saying anything, giving her a moment to redeem herself. After a few more scans up and down of my baby she said, "Oh, I guess it's a girl...."
Hmmm. I THOUGHT that the dress, matching tights, pink headband and rather large hair bow were dead giveaways, but I guess I was wrong.........:>
What do you think? Would YOU mistake her for a boy in this getup? :)
Gotta laugh.... (I would of course never be offended by someone mistaking Emmie to be a boy - I just thought this was funny.)
After church I was trying to feed Emmie real quick before putting Parker down for his nap (Chris was at work). Parker had been screaming (as well as Emmie) since we pulled into the garage (he didn't want to get out of he car) and wouldn't calm down so off he went to timeout while I quickly fed Emmie. He screamed and screamed and kicked and kicked in the corner... and then.....What is that unfamiliar sound??? SILENCE!?? Uh, hmmm... is he okay?? There is no way he fell asleep - he's never ever fallen asleep anywhere but in his bedroom and the car....I hear loud breathing and a slight snore...Could it be true? I tiptoe over holding Emmie...Sure enough - he was OUT- sound asleep, face down on the hard, cold tile! Are you kidding? This was definitely a first! I was so exhausted myself after chasing after him at church (he literally was racing up and down the halls, and even running wild in the parking lot - yes, I was having a heart attack, and no, I can't control my two year old with my hands full of a baby, carrier and diaper bag, not to mention in high heels and a skirt) that I was tempted to just let him sleep there. Eventually I moved him to his room and thank goodness I got him back to sleep quick. PHEW! Sundays without a husband are NO FUN!!! And who ever thought of 11:00 church, anyways?? Didn't they take into consideration that that is every nursery child's naptime??
Seriously! :) (Totally kidding) But I DID get a quiet hour in Relief Society to sit and listen to the lesson while Emmie peacefully slept...haven't had that for a long time & I must say, I quite enjoyed it!
7 comments:
I totally understand the whole "is it a boy or girl" comment. I can understand if the baby's in neautral clothing and no bow- but when they are in all pink with a HUGE bow or flower I think, Are YOU really that stupid? Are you blind? Do you not see the giant bow on top of her head? Yah, I like to dress my boy in pink and give him a headband to wear! What are people thinking-seriously! It's so funny. I love the picture of her, that dress is adorable-and a great price too! Glad to see you're doing well.
We did church alone this week too and it was totally exhausting! I felt like I just wrestled a wild animal for three hours with my belly in the way - Eli didn't even stay in nursery so I had to take him to relief society (which I haven't done in AGES). So I feel your pain! Eli skipped his nap when we got home too so it was a loooong day. And if Emmie looks like a boy then she is sure the prettiest boy around! Lol. I love her dress!
You gotta love people! sometimes.I wonder if they they think before they speak. Poor little Molly has been mistaken for a boy many times. I think it's pretty funny. You would think that the big bow alone would give it away.
how funny...she definitely looks ALL girl...she is darling and I agree, Sundays without dh are a bummer, I have had my fair share of them and I just as soon take a blow to the head than to put any momma thru it!
oh she is so cute! I remember people thinking Whitney was a boy in all pink. For some reason, I think people think all babies are boys by default. Weird. That is so funny. Poor lady. Well as for Parker, WOW. You've got your hands full. 2 year olds are so fun:)
That is too funny! I want to know who didn't know she was a girl! And Parker asleep on the tile...that's when you know it's been a long Sunday! Very funny. Jake really likes the picture. I agree, the 11:00 church is a killer. By the time you get home, feed them, and put them down for a nap it's time for dinner. I'm already ready to switch times. Too bad we have to wait another 11 months!
So funny!! And great pictures. So I am crazy... I don't have that picture anywhere except my blog, so I invited her if you could direct her to where it is? I am not sure what you email address is either. my is benandtheshannon@gmail.com or shannon.andrus@gmail.com. Oh and we did not get together! We are going to do it sometime in Nov hopefully get back with me on dates that work for you and I will try to head it up. Sorry of the long message you are great! We leave for California tomorrow so if you need me call I won't be checking:)
Post a Comment