After our trip to Disneyland, we weren't planning any other trips for the year.... but by July, I was really itching to get out of the house. Anyone who has three kids 7 and under knows how quickly your house can go from spotless (literally) to total destruction. Like 10 minutes! And as hard as I try to put on blinders and look past the messes, it really, really drives me nuts. Therefore I am CONSTANTLY cleaning- knowing that if I don't I will have a major breakdown if I just "let it go" for a few hours. The funny thing is, even with all my cleaning, my house is never fully clean! {I've decided in order to attain that, that I'd have to tie my kids up.} I heard someone say once that cleaning your house with kids in it is like brushing your teeth while eating oreos. SO TRUE! Anyways, I just really needed to get out and be able to focus on my fam without the beckoning of constant, never-ending monotonous chores. So I talked Chris into going to Midway and Park City for a few days and I'm telling you it was the BEST mini vacay ever! I found a great deal through Groupon to stay at the Homestead and it was just what I needed & I think we all loved it!
.JPG)
We started off in Park City (spent the first night there) and had the best day up at the Park City Mountain Resort! We rode the ski lift up and did a little hiking at the top of the mountain and the views were just awesome! My legs have had some major issues in this pregnancy (another post) so it was pretty mild hiking but still so fun and so so beautiful up there. Later, the older kids and Chris rode the Alpine Slide while Lex rode the carousel, we had lunch while listening to a band and ate ice cream while taking in the gorgeous surroundings. I just love being in the mountains - it was such a fun day!!
Off to the Homestead....
This "hotel" was awesome! It's actually a big collection of buildings /homes built in the early 1900's and the grounds are just gorgeous!! We stayed in the bunkhouse which inside wasn't all that great to be honest, but the grounds, swimming pool, & awesome on-site restaurant all more than made up for it! Parker and Emmie had their own bunk beds (basically built into a closet) but they thought it was the greatest thing and although there were 2 queen beds in the room, Lex slept in her pack n play, so we had a good amount of room, including a balcony. We will stay there again for sure!
The Grounds! They were so SO pretty! We felt like we had the place to ourselves!!!
SWIMMING!
The pools were a total hit! Worth staying there just for them.
They have two large pools, one outside and one in. The one indoors gets the warmest water from a natural on site crater. It was awesome! The kids were in heaven! One of my favorite things was one of their on-site restaurants, Fanny's (says the pregnant girl). It was SUCH great food and each time we ate there (probably 4-5 times?) we ate out on the balcony overlooking a big pond with ducks and a beautiful golf course. Talk about picturesque! Chris brought us our breakfast from there to the pool one morning. Ahhhh, now that's the life of a prego girl! He's a good husband. :)
Chris' cute grandparents lived in Midway for something like 25 years, so he has lots of fond memories up there & it's really just a special place to him.. They still owned their home there for the first few years of our marriage so I have memories of spending time up there with Chris' fam myself. It is just such a majestic, serene mountain town and so fun to be up there again. He took us on a hike in "Cascade Springs" which is something he used to do as a kid. It was such a cute little place with bridges and streams and waterfalls...I'm sure we'll be doing that again sometime!
The night before we had to head back home, we rode the Heber Valley Railroad. It was sold out and jam packed full and crazy hot (no AC) but it was a lot of fun. I haven't done that since I was a kid so I was excited to take our kids on it. We sang songs & had snacks and enjoyed the ride and the scenery. The girls did some karaoke to "Let it Go" and it was really so cute!
The next morning we headed over to the pool for one last swim before check out time. I didn't want to go but Chris had to be back to work that afternoon by 2, so we said our goodbyes to Midway and piled in the car for our 45 minute drive back to reality, refreshed and renewed. Ahhhhh...a nice last minute get away can do a lot of good for your soul. And sanity. Loved it. Can't wait to go again!


.jpg)

1 comment:
We LOVE Midway!! Jared and I did the Groupon thing too for his b-day...had a little get away with just us two. We thought it was heavenly! Did you guys swim in the crater? That was the funnest part for me. It was Feb though...and your pics make me want to go in the summer! It is def beautiful. And my kids would have gone CRAZY over the Heber Creeper. They are enthralled w/ trains. Look at your cute little bump. You look about 2.5 mos pregnant. Good grief. Oh! And NO, I had no idea that Shannon had a baby! When?? So I'm assuming that when we all went out to eat at the beginning of the year she must have been barely pregnant. I can't believe all four of us couples will end up with two boys and two girls. GOOD LUCK these next few wks...I will be thinking about you!
Post a Comment