Sunday, August 11, 2013

Anniversary 2013

On June 24th, we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary! I know, I can't believe it either! And no, I did not get married when I was 12, but thanks for thinking I'm so young!;)
 
We actually went on TWO dates within 3 days of each other. Pretty sure that hasn't happened in the 7 years since we've had kids - especially since that's about how many dates we make it on in a year! Sad, I know! :) First, we went to a motivational speaker/concert with my favorite expert, Matt Townsend. I LOVE his insight on life and relationships and I just had to get us tickets when his "Date Night" happened to land on the one Saturday a month Chris had off! He split half of his time with musician Peter Breinholt, who is also amazing... so it really was an incredible night at the Sandy Amphitheater. I loved it and I think Chris at least liked it - and we even had CafĂ© Rio for dinner. So it was pretty perfect!
 
 We went home to a frazzled baby sitter who was ripping her hair out after Lexi cried for about 2 1/2 hours straight and didn't want to go to sleep... Pretty much why we never go out! (okay, also because of Chris' work schedule too!) Putting our kids to bed is no easy task and traumatizing 14 year girls (as well as my toddler) with the job is just not something I look forward to inflicting. Hence, it's just easier to stay home!
 
Then on Monday night ("night "is like 4 p.m. lol)we were off to a movie (which I don't remember? My mind is still not working right) and we ate at another one of our faves -the Cheesecake Factory while the Hansens watched our kids for us.
It was a great couple of nights out with my good-lookin' hubby!
 I'm a lucky girl and I know it!
 

No comments: