A week after the wedding we headed down South to St. George for warmer weather and for a Spring Break/Easter getaway.
My heart melted when I looked up to catch this on one of our excursions...:
My heart melted when I looked up to catch this on one of our excursions...:
*SIGH*
These two BFF's had a great time hiking, swimming, & playing at the park... not to mention the Easter Festivities.
These two BFF's had a great time hiking, swimming, & playing at the park... not to mention the Easter Festivities.

Hiking in Pioneer Park... this place is awesome! P & E loved exploring the red rocks here and Lexi was such a trooper strapped to Chris' back in the hot sun.

On Saturday we hit the Arts festival in town and enjoyed some Van Gogh, a carousel ride and snow cones, which proved to be a little piece of heaven in the blazing heat (Chris will tell you it was 76 degrees but I'm telling you it was more like 96:)).

On Easter Eve back at Grandma Jane's and Gpa Reed's we did some egg dying and had a yummy BBQ.
Easter morning we threw on our Easter getup (which yes, conveniently was also our wedding gear the week before), took a few quick pics and flew out the door to make 9 am church. Poor Lex, you can tell she looks sick. She seemed to have a little bit of a cold, but, two days later, while still in St George I noticed that her heart rate was really rapid and that she seemed to be breathing funny. She also had a fever of 103. She ended up in Instacare and had a steroid injection because of stridor breathing and a diagnosis of an ear infection and Croupe. Strange, because she hadn't been coughing but the doctor said she was on her way to becoming dangerously ill so it was a good thing we took her in. Poor Lex. Needless to say, she and I sat out the rest of the activities on the trip.
Back to Easter....

The kids loved the Easter Egg hunt after church and I loved (as much fun as it always is), not running from place to place like we usually do on this day.
Easter is such a special day and I'm grateful to be able to reflect on the life of our Savior Jesus Christ, his atoning sacrifice and for the celebration this holiday signifies of the Resurrection. Having lost loved ones prematurely, I am especially touched on this day and grateful for the knowledge that not only does our Lord and Savior live again, but that through him, and because of him, we have the promise of eternal life for our loved ones as well!
Easter Getaway - Success! :)


1 comment:
What a fun Easter break! I love how Parker and Emmie are just the best of friends. That pic of them at the top holding hands is absolutely priceless--that is a "frame and put on the wall" pic! Poor Lexie though, NOT fun for her! Good thing you took her in before things got too serious. Love the girls' easter dresses. Cute, CUTE family Michelle!
Post a Comment