Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dancey

I know I haven't mentioned it, but Emmie took a ballet/tap/jazz class this last year, starting last September. She loved it!
Around our house, her class was better known as "dancey".

My little dreamer girl....
her attention span lasted about 8 minutes total of the 60 minute class, but she loved her "dancey" nonetheless! At home she'd practice her moves and show me how she'd use her plies to fend off any "bad guys".
Maybe I should have signed her up for karate? ;)
Despite her attention span (or lack thereof) and interesting use of her learned moves, she really enjoyed the class. The dance studio was great and super close to our house.
 We will definitely be signing up again next year.

 
Snow White even came to visit the class in February. Don't you just love her (Emmie's) princess pose?



Yep, that's my Emmie, the only one without a princess dress on! Yikes, I felt so bad! Mother of the Year Award for that one. We had a lot going on and had missed the previous week, so I forgot her princess attire that morning. Awesome. But aren't these girls the cutest?! And their moms were just as 'cute'! I loved getting to know some of them during our one day a week chat sessions while our girls danced. :) Even Parker made a friend there and is excited to be in the same Kindergarten class with him next year.
Her "professional" dance pic taken just in May, wearing one of her recital costumes.
This was such a cute little baseball dance! We were in Texas on June 1st -the night of the recital, so we actually ended up missing it. But that's okay!
 
 I love watching my kids develop their talents and find out what they like and what they don't. Next year she's also going to take gymnastics... which was my "sport" when I was a kid.
We'll see how she likes it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

aliciamae100 said...

Sure, I don't know any of the other little girls in the class, but Emmie is hands down the cutest in the class. What a pretty little lady she is!!