Sunday, December 4, 2011

Here's a Story...

I think if you visit this blog at all, you can quickly assess that this last summer I became quite smitten with the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. In fact, I'm sure that all three readers out there rolled their eyes everytime I posted new pics from another summer stroll through this beautiful place.
As behind I am in blogging these days, and in realization that I am at risk of more eye rolling, (hey ya'll don't have to read, alright?) I have to give overdue credit one last time to these acres of wonder before year's end...and before I forget...as that is something I do often these days...
See this hill?

If you're 37+ weeks pregnant and ready for that baby to come, go hike it, baby!
 It worked for me. And if it can work for ME...
 Just sayin'.
Yes. My love grew even fonder for TP Gardens and I will forever be grateful for the part it played in it's assistance in kicking me into labor in the early morning hours of October 4th. Alright so I'd already been in labor for weeks at this point (hence my misery), but this made it a done deal. A done deal at last!:)
Mmmhmm. You catch my drift.
 Filled with that crazy, "I need to have this baby NOW or I might just kill someone" adrenalin, I dragged begged Chris to go hiking through here just one more time on the afternoon of October 3rd. So off we went, and even though the irregular contractions I was having hurt like (fill here words that I don't say), I busted through them hard and fierce, with fueled determination that I could not, & would not stand ONE MORE DAY of this pregnancy.
It's so nice when your body listens.

{Of course I had to take a slew of pictures, are you kidding...}
...And so here they are, the last hours that these twosome siblings would be mere twosomes!
At 4 a.m. the following morning my water broke and
 I WAS NEVER HAPPIER.
And then a few hours later I met this little bundle and became even happier...


(pic taken at 4 weeks)
And ever since, life has been a bit of a whirlwind.
But yes, I have never been happier.
{Ok except when I haven't slept. Then I've never been meaner..funny how that is}
I truly adore adore ADORE this little munchkin.
The end.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a sweetheart. I, for one, enjoy the pictures. I've never been to TP gardens. How do you like having 3 kids? Yes, it's amazing how no sleep can affect you...:)