and kissing and squishing this:

(Yes, I know, great for ridding that postpartum belly gush...)
While having many of my meals (that I did not prepare) served to me here:

(For the record, that it is not my bed. And yes, this is the best picture I could find. I don't advise googling 'breakfast in bed'. And is that the hugest tray you've ever seen? Pretty much I think they brought up the whole kitchen table. Just sayin'.)
While Chris took care of them:
...and everything else.
Sound blissful? It was!
Awesome husband? He is!
My mom stayed to help take care of the kids and house for four days after Lexi came home
(bless her),
and Chris was able to be home from work for all of the rest of the days other than 3 out of 15! I have definitely been spoiled and loved spending all that one on one time with my newest baby girl while all other operations around here were taken care of! I think Lexi kind of liked it too.
She's my newest pal.
And quite possibly my favorite child... for the moment.
Don't tell the others.
She's been such a great little baby!
Okay, so why wouldn't she be when I've been able to promptly meet her every whim and fancy since she's all I've had to worry about for 2 weeks straight? Still, I think she's pretty great. For now I am checking the "great baby" box.
Yesterday it was back to business as usual...no more vacation time (aka snuggling my baby in bed all day while Chris tackles the dirty work). Poor Chris ended up contracting Strep on Tuesday and has since been banished to the basement bedroom since he walked in the door from Instacare on Tuesday. We haven't seen him since. Really. Don't worry, I delivered him some pajamas and I leave food and Ib Profen by the door.
We take germs seriously around here. ;) No joke.
Beyond that, life around here has been a big thumbs up!
Okay so a little more sleep would be nice, nursing that didn't feel like a baracuda were latching on to me every three hours would be a huge perk, and a 3 year old who were more proactive about going potty in the potty would make life EXTRA fantastic, but overall I really can't complain!
I mean, how can I when I have this little munchkin staring up at me?
(18 days old)
*Sigh*.
I love her. :)


4 comments:
Oh, that DOES sound blissful! I cannot wait to have this awful pregnancy over with and a cute baby girl to snuggle with! She is so cute Michelle! And I totally thought that was your bed, and super awesomely loaded breakfast try, haha. I hope things go well for you as the weight of running the show is back on your shoulders! Being a mom is hard work!!! Thanks for the pics!!!
Oh Michelle she is seriously DREAMY!!! I'm so glad you've been able to take it easy. You DEF deserve that! You alwlays have the most beautiful pics of your kids. Yay for Lexi!
I love her so much, Michelle! She is a special girl; it's just so obvious when you look at these pictures. She chose a special mommy too! GREAT JOB!!!
So cute! Glad to hear the first week have been bliss. I will cross my fingers that they stay that way for you!
Post a Comment