Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Boondocks Birthday

On Parker's birthday, he woke up to a shiny new scooter awaiting him downstairs.

His big grin doesn't lie. He was pretty excited!

And this little girl....
Well, her tears don't lie.
She was pretty sad that SHE didn't have a new scooter too.
The woes of a 2-year-old I tell ya.
Missy Em cried in the corner while Parker opened his other gifts, which included a Hot Wheels track especially picked out by Dad, some books, new jams, a bug catcher, and a butterfly garden (for which our caterpillars are anxiously expected in the mail any day now...), among a few other items.

Then it was off to....
BOONDOCKS!


OHHHH Yeeeaaah! :)
 Since it was his birthday, Parker got an all-day pass for FREE (score!), and we spent the morning enjoying the race cars, boats, arcade, playland, a yummy lunch in the cafe, and of course, mini golf.

Okay, mostly the boys enjoyed mini golf. Chris had to be off to work by 1:30 so the girls dropped out to speed things up....  we didn't mind though. I was busy breathing through heat-induced contractions, and Emmie....

well she was just happy chasing butterflies!
It was a fun family day and I think that  P-Man loved his Boondocks Birthday outing!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor Emmie! What fun festivities you have had for Parker. Sounds like a blast! He's such a handsome little man.

Jake Ackerman said...

Everything is darling Michelle! I always have high hopes of doing cute things, but the time factor, and often the expense limit my abilities! It looks like Parker had an awesome birthday! We have had many melt downs at birthdays when other kids didn't get gifts. You are such a cute mom! I hope the Pregnancy is going well!

Jake Ackerman said...

That comment was actually from me, Amanda, but for some reason I can't get Jake signed out.