Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer happenings

I'm so behind. LATE. Whatever you want to call it. Welcome to my life. Parker turned 5 today (more about that later - yes, it will be an over due post), and I just today received his birth certificate in the mail from Arizona. That's right. I finally registered to have it sent to me FIVE years after he was born. Good job Michelle. :)

So in trying to play catch up and keep my good-old, exciting blog up to date, here is a bit of what's been going on around here....

Why not start with Father's Day? That was only over a month ago now...


We had my Dad and that side of the fam over for dinner that Sunday night to celebrate.
I think everyone had a good time...?
& yes my kids look like complete ragamuffins...that is how it goes by the end of a Sunday. Or any day for that matter.
 Chris' big "surprise" gift was The Lord of the Rings extended edition blu-ray trilogy that he'd been waiting for to come out. It wasn't actually released until the next week, but I had it all ordered and he got it in the mail the beginning of July.
 Very exciting. Sadly (not really), I've never even seen a Lord of the Rings movie.
My husband is quite passionate about it (the movie) which means I must be a really good wife (since I don't care to share in his passion) or else he is a bit of a sci-fi geek. Okay so maybe it's a little of both.
What can I say except that I have extreme ADD, especially when science fiction/fantasy is made into a three hour spectacle.
I just can't do it.
I'd rather sit and pluck my leg hairs.
Really.
Like I said, I'm a good wife.

Moving on...
A few weeks ago we hit up Thanksgiving Point Farm. Emmie was in LOVE with her pony ride.
And her pony.
She was pretty miffed to only ride 1x.
The girl can scream.
Parker loved feeding the ducks and I still have a bizarre love for the goats. We ate at the Emporium afterwards before Chris jetted off to work. I kind of love his schedule which 3 days a week allows us  to spend a whole half a day with him before he leaves for work. It's kind of awesome.

SWIMMING!


After our St. George trip it was evident that not only Parker needed swim lessons this summer, but fearless, water-obsessed Miss Emmie needed them as well. They pretty much seemed to dominate our June but the kids absolutely LOVED them. They were private lessons, but taught simultaneously at a private residence. They ended up being more of survival lessons - which wasn't made clear to me before signing up. So I can't say that they actually learned how to SWIM, but the object was for them to be able to get themselves safe on their backs and stay afloat. I am still not sure how well it worked, going off the fact that I had to jump in and save Emmie after her class one day while P had an extended class....yah, long story, but the headline would go something like this...
"Fully clothed prego mom jumps into swimming pool to rescue toddler at survival swim class who fell off stairs and failed to utilize her newly taught survival techniques"...
There ya go. I always wanted to be a journalist.
Anyways, she was completely fine (I watched it all happen so my graceful leap into the pool was instantaneous). Me?  A little peeved, I'm not gonna lie. Not at E, but that this was Lesson #12(!), and I wasn't loving driving home in sopping wet clothing... Despite this incident, she was actually really quick at picking up the skills they taught and a great little learner. Overall, I think the lessons were good.
Parker now thinks he wants to become a swimmer.
We'll see how that goes when he hits high school swim team and has to wear a Speedo.
(Shudder) 
No thanks.

A few weeks ago we had a torrential down pour that resulted in a full, beautiful rainbow. The kids were finishing their nightly bath when I noticed it out the window. After they got their jams on Chris and I couldn't resist letting them go outside to view it. By then it was fading but they were pretty excited at the sight. (Can you spot it?) Emmie dances to everything that makes her happy so she was out doing ballet moves with her wild woman, post-bath hair, welcoming the rainbow....
KIDS CAMP...


This cute teenage, brother and sister in our ward started "Camp Fun-Doolah" last summer for kids in our neighborhood. (Um, genius way for teenie boppers to make some summer cash!) Parker absolutely LOVES it. This year they are only running it in July and he's gone to every one so far. (They are just once a week, 3 hours long) They always do a theme and P comes home with all kinds of crafts. Can you guess that this week was pirate week?

And last of all, my belly has been concentrating really hard on looking like a watermelon this last month as I've entered into my 3rd tri....

P & E came home with balloons from the craft store one day and thought they were pretty hilarious to wear the balloons under their shirts to look like mommy. I finally snapped some pictures of them after the joke had gone on for several days....it does seem to be an accurate depiction...
We don't look so "big" from the front, but turn sideways.... and
YOWSERS!
Ah well, what can I do but laugh?
Believe it or not - for the record, I am measuring small...
I'm just sayin'. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow, sounds like a busy and fun summer! I had to rescue JJ at his second swim lesson too! I YELLED and was about half a second from jumping in, when his teacher grabbed him! I think he had only been under for a few seconds, but it scared the crap out of me!!!

And don't feel bad- I don't have McKenna or Wesley's birth certificates yet. It's been on my 'to do' list for 3.5 years now!

Chelle said...

OH my gosh Michelle you are so hilarious! I love the birth certificate story...five years, that cracks me up! Don't feel bad that you got a little behind. That is generally the story of my life. I have a goal to catch up on scrapbooks before this baby comes and I'm on Sept '08 in me and Jare's scrapbooks. Yeah. Also, I loved your comment about Lord of the Rings. YOu really should give it a chance though! Me and Jare LOOOOVE those movies. Maybe Chris can watch them with us. :) Also, the pics of the kids with their "pregnant bellies" are priceless. I still think you look absolutely tiny though! Def not a watermelon! I e-mailed you too...