I love the Fourth of July.
It could very well be my favorite holiday.
Summertime, patriotism, parades, BBQ's, good food & fun is what it's all about.
With no gift giving or receiving.
I like that part too. ;)
I think some of my favorite childhood memories stem from this holiday.
& these two little monkeys were so excited for the celebrations.
We embarked on Independence Day Eve in good old red white & blue fashion....

& by fashion, I really mean it.
It could very well be my favorite holiday.
Summertime, patriotism, parades, BBQ's, good food & fun is what it's all about.
With no gift giving or receiving.
I like that part too. ;)
I think some of my favorite childhood memories stem from this holiday.
& these two little monkeys were so excited for the celebrations.
We embarked on Independence Day Eve in good old red white & blue fashion....
& by fashion, I really mean it.
(10 points if you can spot the naked baby)
Yes, Emmie wore her sparkly red Jessie boots to church on Sunday.
Yes, Emmie wore her sparkly red Jessie boots to church on Sunday.
It's totally normal to wear dress up boots to church, isn't it?
I thought so. :)
Hey at least it wasn't a princess dress.
Hey at least it wasn't a princess dress.
On the morning of the Fourth the kiddos in our neighborhood went on a bike parade.
If you tell me that's not cute, I don't know what is.
& check out these little twinsies.
Completely adorable, right?
& this little cutie was pretty pumped up herself.
Yes, the Jessie boots were of course a necessary accessory for the celebration!
This little guy went around the parade route twice. He was tired, but a trooper. & I can't believe we let him ride without his helmet. :/ I guess all rules fly out the window when there's a holiday...sad but true that sounds about right. I think Emmie ate about 20 cookies that day at both BBQ's we attended.
The first (BBQ) was with the neighborhood following the parade, the next with our friends and neighbors on our street.
The first (BBQ) was with the neighborhood following the parade, the next with our friends and neighbors on our street.
Busy, busy day but so much fun!

& that night we had my Dad, Chris' brother Zach and sis Bethany and her husband Brett over for more treats and fireworks. This is the first time ever my kids have watched street fireworks. In previous years, they have always been long in bed by the time it's finally dark (with the exception of Stadium of Fire last year).
Parker was sooooo excited when Chris told him that he bought a box of 50 fireworks.
Parker kept saying, "Are you serious, Dad? Really? Are you kidding me?".
He was sooo looking forward to them, but it was Emmie who enjoyed them the most. She squealed and cheered for them, while P held his hands over his ears.
Later I even found him back sitting by the front door on our porch.
As I sat down beside him, his explanation was,
"I just feel safer over here, Mom".
I love that he said that. :)
With all the aerial fireworks going off in every direction we looked (via the new lift of the law prohibiting them) I couldn't help but agree. It was very cool and exciting, but a little unnerving to me to say the least.
For such a cautious little boy, our P-Man sure does get hurt a lot.
Did you notice his his right eye?
I'll save that story for another day....
HAPPY FOURTH!!!


5 comments:
Okay, you've got to tell me where I can get some Jessie boots like Emmy...those things are suh-WEET! And I love how your kiddos are such good buddies. that pic at the top is just priceless. Looks like a great 4th of July! The neighborhood parade is such a cute idea. We spent the day in the car riding home from CA...and then put the kids to bed. No fireworks for them. Aren't we festive? :)
I love the 4th of July too! Your kids looked adorable in their outfits and the kid parade is such a cute idea! It looks like you guys are in a great/fun neighborhood!
Love Love Love Emmies's Jesse boots they are the best and she rocks them! It was fun to see you guys this 4th and I must say I just love where we live. :)
So cute! What fun pics, Michelley! And I just saw that super sweet blog post you did about my wedding. You are one of my bestest friends! Love you!
PS - could your kids be any cuter? and your cute prego belly. You always look adorable when pregnant!
XOXO
I've been so behind on the blogging thing! I was just catching up reading and laughed out loud several times at some of your comments. You are a crack up.
No wonder Parker says such cute and witty things, it's in his genes!
Post a Comment