Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blue Lightening

The soccer season is half way through & Parker is loving it!

He refused to play in the first game but after a small bribery for icecream to play in game #2, he has been chasing that ball ever since.
I have no shame in bribing my kids and find that it almost always works when chocolate is involved.

His self-proclaimed trademark thus far is apparently his speed. He likes to show us how he is so "super fast".

And super fast this 4-year-old is.


To my surprise he got a bit aggressive last game (note left pic above)...yikes. It was all friendly aggression - he was trying to hold his own against a couple of pushy opposing teammates. The "no arms" in soccer rule hasn't quite sunk in yet I guess.

Note his "keep your arms straight out" tactic below.


Well, whatever. It was working successfully for him anyways. :)

Some of P-Man's favorite things to do are run around and play with friends, so so far soccer is suiting him great!

I am just happy for any extracurricular activity that involves my kids having fun and good old- fashioned excercise.


I would call this little cutie the team cheerleader but honestly she is just more interested in having fun, swinging (of course), looking cute and giggling with her darling friend Brynn.

A typical girl at a sporting event, right?

Well, typical for some of us anyways. :)

GGGGoooooooooooooooooo SOCCER!!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

aliciamae100 said...

How fun! I love bribes - I wish someone would bribe ME... Sounds like a perfect Saturday :)

Marianne said...

That is cute! My friend has to bribe her 4 year old with 'a buck a kick' in soccer to get him to play.

Marianne said...

Michelle, I know that I have your email address somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

I just wanted you to know that your family and especially Parker are in our prayers right now. I called you names in to the temple too. If you need any help AT ALL I hope you will call me!
(801) 294-4268. I would be happy to have Emmie over or even go watch her at your house if that is easier for her. If you guys need a meal or anything, please call me!
mariannebr@yahoo.com

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Michelle, I love all the soccer pictures! You captured great ones. I love that little Parker and you are right he is fast and I think it is so cute that he is being a little aggressive. I just want you to know we are thinking and Praying for you and for Parker! Hope he gets better quick so we can see that happy smiling boy playing around!