On Monday night we packed up and headed for Salt Lake to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. The beautiful lights are missing from these pictures however because my lovely camera battery died before it even got a chance to get dark out. Oh well. We still got a few pictures of the beautiful temple - which is way better than the lights anyways, right?
Parker loved the touch-screen videos in the visitor's center. He couldn't get enough of them and therefore we eventually had to rip him away. The kid is obsessed with electronics. Before doing so, however, a black gentleman appeared on the screen to speak.
What came next was our son screaming out for all to hear,
"Obama! It's Obama!".
Oh dear. Not Obama. Nice try though. Too bad he wasn't screaming out President Monson's name at all the pictures of him posted around. Maybe then we would have looked good... :) If you don't sense my sarcasm here you don't know me very well... :)
It was a fun night. I truly love to be on the beautiful, sacred grounds of the breath-taking Salt Lake Temple! What a blessing and miracle it is! I am so grateful for this time of year and the enhanced opportunities we have of reflecting on the birth and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ. All things are possible through Him. I have felt such an overwhelming sense of gratitude this year as I reflect on all the many, many blessings in my life! I am truly blessed.
MeRrY ChRiStMaS!!!
MeRrY ChRiStMaS!!!
3 comments:
thank you for making me cry (really!!)! Love the post, and I really do love the pictures, even if there are no lights. :) And, the Christmas card was so, so cute! Oh, and "obama! obama!" is definitely a story I'm going to have to tell Travis - hilarious!
Busy, busy!! You guys are always doing something fun!!! Merry Christmas
Fun times! Your kids are darling....it was so nice running into you the other day! Take care!
Post a Comment