Monday, November 30, 2009

A Very Merry St. George Thanksgiving

Our little Fam of 4 landed in St. George for Thanksgiving this year to visit my Mom and Reed. We had such a fun time! I was able to go down early with the kids (on Sunday) and Chris met up with us after work on Wednesday.
My brother and his wife,-aka 'The Newlyweds'-also joined us for the festivities.
They were nice to come along with me to try and catch some pics of the kiddies one morning. It was pretty unsuccessful all in all, but I did catch a few that bring a smile to my face.
Like this one: Kylie and I COULD NOT stop laughing at this picture. She and Steve look like the proudest hunters ever holding up their game, (poor Emmie!) and if you look closely you can see a three year old running off into the wilderness...Wait a second... that is the same 3 year old that I spend a LOT of my time chasing after.... Yeah, so that pretty much sums up the essence of our attempt at a 'photo shoot'.....!
Oh and let's not forget this classic. Question. Is there such a thing as a cooperative three year old?
Hmmm. Not in MY world there isn't....
Okay so Emmie isn't guilt free here. The girl is GO GO GO and it was pretty much impossible to get her to hold still for 2 seconds. I am beginning to just accept that there is no such thing as the 'perfect' picture with a 3 and a 1 year old smiling sweetly at the exact same moment.
I mean, that would probably be really fake, and we wouldn't want to portray such a phisod in our Christmas card pictures right? Seriously. They were just doing me a favor by keeping it real and keeping me humble. Darn! JK :)Back to reality....
Roxy came along for the trip and had fun playing with her pal, Barkley.The weather was great and made us miss Arizona. I was pretty thrilled to miss out on a snow storm up in Salt Lake. Grandma Jane and the fam
I have to say, Thanksgiving dinner was FABULOUS!
(This picture is lame but is the only pic I got of the feast. Half the food hadn't made it to the table yet... not to mention some of the partakers...and yes, we had a very merry Thanksgiving Christmas...)
I am still dreaming of the super delicious, best gravy I've had in years, the perfect mashed potatoes, the tasty turkey, and the super yummy apple pie. I won't mention the 6 or so cookies I managed to devour....



Little Missy - aka 'Little Munch-Munch', couldn't help hanging out by the cooking turkey. She must have smelled the delicious aroma and was licking the glass door at one point...
Have I mentioned that this girl LOVE, love LOVES to eat???
And I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! :)

After putting the kids to bed that night, we snuck out to see the new 'Christmas Carol' movie while GJ and GR guarded the snoozing little people. Yay! A night out is such a rarety for us so it was so much fun. We even liked the movie!

The next morning, Kylie, my Mom and I braved Black Friday and hit good old Wal-Mart at 5 a.m. That store is NUTS on a regular basis, so this was absolutely IN SANE! It was actually fun though and I got a few items for the kids, so the bargain shopper in me was happy.

Thanks Mom and Reed for a very fun Thanksgiving!
We had a great time. :)

4 comments:

L said...

I am so glad you had a great Thanksgiving!!! Emmie looks ADORABLE in her new hair accessories...you always have her dressed so cute, but then again, you have always been a fashion diva yourself!

I totally hear your frustration with the picture thing. I think finally this year we got a good one, but it has taken YEARS to build up to that!!!

SHIPP said...

What a fun weekend. It is time to get together again. What is your week like?

Carly said...

How fun! The weather here was gorgeous over Thanksgiving. We spent all of Black Friday playing softball with Cody's family.

I think it is so cute how in the first picture of the page both of your kids have thier hands in their mouths :)

Jeanerbee said...

I love the crazy pics! It reminds me of trying to photograph my two! They always run in opposite directions, and will never look or smile at the same time! I need to get good at photoshop or something! What a lovely Thanksgiving though!

And about your previous post - that is HILARIOUS about the tampon target practice, lol. And I LOVE that you still rock Parker for naps. (And I LOVE that he naps by the way... Eli hasn't since 2 1/2... but that helps him go to bed earlier). We still lay with Eli to get him to sleep, and he does want to rock on occasion. Don't ya love having a snuggly boy?! Esp when they run wild during the day...