I snapped this picture of Parker the other day. It reminded me so much of a baby picture of his so I dug it up to compare them side by side. Four months old...WOW!This last three years has just flown by! Parker went from this serious little baby whom we had to work to get smiles out of, to this bright, bubbly, chatter box, energizer bunny - go-go-go of a little boy! Honestly, it's sometimes hard for me to remember him as a baby... it just goes so quickly! If you are a part of this crazy (in a good way) Mommyhood Club, you understand the fact that you don't have a lot of time to sit and reflect and absorb all those precious (and not so!)moments with our little ones to our harddrives. Yes, some are probably better forgotten, but it's those little frames in life that make up a lifetime and many are worth remembering!
Maybe it's just me , but I often feel as a parent that my two little on-the-go offspring cause me to go-go-go (and go and go...) myself, making it hard for me to take it all in because I'm juggling what seems like a million things from one day to the next. Let's just say that I have a hard time processing everything that goes on because my days are just so non-stop! Half the time I don't remember what I did the day before because I am just on overload!
My point is.... that this is why this blogging thing works for me. It's my way of reflecting on those little moments. Better yet, blogging motivates me to record them, so that a few years down the road when those memories are a little dim, or possibly even faded, I have something to look back on. A voice and an image that will help bring those moments back to life and remind me of the journey that got me where I'm going, and most importantly, those that helped me get there!
I've been so grateful to have been blogging since Emmie was born. It just gives me great relief that amidst what feels like such chaos much of the time, I have journaled milestones and recorded stories that I can share with her in the years to come. I just wish that I had been doing it from the start with Parker (although I had no idea what a 'blog' was back then!).
It is the best way that I can record my family history! An hour (or two) of my time once a week will make a huge difference down the line. It's the difference between remembering....and not!
I'm hoping to remember and to help my family do the same!!! :)
And the extra perks are that I get to stay in touch with great friends - old and new- and feel like I still have a voice to be heard and validated! I love my fellow bloggers!
HOORAY for blogging.
If you can't tell by this post, I LOVE IT!!! (Even though I don't keep up on it as well as I should. :)
4 comments:
I TOTALLY agree, and I blog for the SAME reasons! And hello, how did I miss your costume post? I LOVE your kids' costumes!!!! Do you think Owen would mind being Tinkerbell next year? We could just swap our duo costumes, lol =).
I could not agree more! Even though I use my blog for biz too, I use it for kids stuff, family things and various tidbits, I love that it is so versitile. I LOVE blogging!!!!!! :0) I even tried to do a biz blog AND a personal one, NOPE, too much work! I couldn't do both!
Cheers for blogging!
Such a good perspective, Michelle, and you ARE good at keeping up! At least, much better than me. It sounds like Parker and Siena are so similar in personality. She was the same way--a chore to get a smile out of her as a baby, and now the spunkiest, wildest thing ever! Let's still figure out a time to do dinner. We really want to see you guys...Jared has Mon-Thurs off the next two weeks. Does anything work for you guys??
Post a Comment