Sunday, November 8, 2009

Saturdays are not my fave, but this one was pretty darn good!

Most people look forward to Saturday.
I don't.
Chris almost always has to work on Saturdays. They are typically long, boring days for me and the kiddos. Chris leaves early in the morning, and doesn't get home until I'm putting the kids to bed. I expected yesterday to be no different... Boy, was I wrong!
It was 8:30 a.m. and Chris should have been leaving for work. Instead, I found him in the kitchen whipping up
THIS: (Picture displayed is not actual breakfast made)
Completely CONFUSED as to why he wasn't rushing out the door for work, my eye caught
THESE: Realizing that something was up, I looked at him speechless for an answer. Not getting one, and trying to process what was going on I managed, "Huh?? Wait. You don't have to go to work today???". I was fighting tears of excitment and pure surprise.
"But I thought you had to work!"
"I always get the day after a special anniversary off!", was his answer.
Anniversary? Hmmm. What is the date? I'm not sure I even know what month it is - they all just kind of blend for me... Scanning my brain --- ding ding ding! I blurted out,
"The anniversary of our first date!"
Yes, my dear husband took the day off (which NEVER happens) to celebrate the
TEN YEAR anniversary of our VERY FIRST DATE! (Nov. 6, 1999)
Seriously! How many guys out there do that?? How many would even remember the date of their first dates??
All I can say is, LUCKY ME! :)
So within the next hour, I found myself at the spa getting
THIS: An amazing pedicure!
And after the kiddies napped, we dropped them off at Grandma and Grandpa Hansens and we were off to enjoy dinner and a night out! An actual date! This is a big deal for us... such luxuries only happen a few times a year!
(Pitiful, I know but babysitters around here are PRICEY and Chris' work schedule doesn't allow for much of a social life anyways!)
Oh wait, it gets better! Just when I think he couldn't have been more thoughtful, at the end of the night he pops in a DVD that he made filled with pictures (and music of course) of our ten year journey!
Yeah, you better believe it. It made me cry!
Yes, I know. I am a lucky girl! What a great day! Probably my best Saturday yet.
Such a fun, completely unexpected surprise! :)
I love you, Chris! Thanks for such an awesome day!
Has it really been ten years??? Man, we are getting OLD!....

9 comments:

Jeanerbee said...

What a wonderful surprise! Chris is a big sweetheart that's for sure! And congratulations... ten years is quite a mile stone! =)

Rae Lynn said...

What an amazing man! So thoughtful! Keep him around Michelle! Congratulations on 10 years! It does go by fast doesn't it?!

aliciamae100 said...

that is too, too sweet! how utterly thoughtful! glad you had a fun day (and I LOVE your toes) :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! You are spoiled but not rotten :0)

parkandlinds said...

You lucky, lucky girl! Good for you, that sounds like an amazing day. What a sweet hubby!

Aceves Family said...

love it!!!!

Carly said...

How sweet! He sure knows the right moves :)

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Oh that is the sweetest thing! Maybe Chris needs to drop some hints to my hubby!! ;) he he

L said...

Oh Michelle, you are one LUCKY girl! Has it really been 10 years since we started dating these amazing guys? Who knew life would be so crazy & awesome, eh? What a fun day and what cute toes!!!

BTW, Emmie was adorable in that orange shirt with the Halloween fly-aways...thanks for posting that picture and making my day!!!