Saturday, November 14, 2009

Curlers and monkeys

A while back after the kiddo's nightly bath, I put curlers in Emmie's hair. Just for the heck of it. I knew they wouldn't last long, and I was right. About 10 minutes later they were out, and here is what she was left with: A very out-of-control bang due to the still crazy-as-ever, cursed swirl calic that still sits prominent as ever in the front and center of Emmie's precious little head.
This is why the poor girl almost always has to wear a pony or pig tails....or she looks like quite the little rat child... CUTE, but rat child cute. Trust me.
This last week I caught a minute of 'The View', and I was laughing at how much Emmie's 'do that night looked like this lady:
Okay, so Barbara's hair maybe looked better, but my Emmie is still cuter!
More pictures from Emmie's Barbara Walters impersonation night:
Our 2 little monkeys, jumping on the bed!....
Just prior to nightly story time and post baths, these two can be found bouncing on Parker's tiny bed while screaming like a couple of coyotes, having a good smack down wrestling match (on the bed) and rocking themselves in the rocking chair accompanied once again by their monotone coyote scream. We are a very routine household around here, and this bizarre little ritual has worked it's way into our evening schedule. Emmie won't go to bed until she's had her night time "fun" with her brother. I'm not even joking.
I think that Parker is starting to love having a sibling/co-conspirator.
And we are loving watching their interactions! Most of the time.
We sure love these little monkeys!
Even when they are wild and crazy at bedtime. :)

6 comments:

Carly said...

Emmie is so cute! Her hair is so funny!

aliciamae100 said...

Wow! I'm impressed you even got the curlers IN!! :)

Marianne said...

Yeah, How DID you get those in? I tried to flat iron McKenna's hair the other day and it was a total failure. I'll be glad when the awkward hair phase is over and its all the same length, but I think it will be at least another year.

Amanda said...

hahah, love the "rat child" do. I don't know what to tell you. I don't do hair. I can't even get a comb in Whit's hair. Emmie is adorable nonetheless...

Brady + Marsha said...

Love the hair do! I don't even think that Barbara's hair looked better. You gotta love the calics. Molly has a pretty bad one herself.

Anonymous said...

Her grandma thinks she looks adorable and so grown up!