A month or so ago we took my car in for some repairs due to the check engine light being on. After a few hours we got a phone call from the auto shop telling us that they found a dead MOUSE in the engine! YIKES! This might be surprising news for some people, but not us. Not at all. Why? Because over the spring we were blessed enough to encounter SEVEN - yes 7- mice in my SUV! (Four of which were babies trapped in the back side console.) CRAZY, I know. And disgusting. And gross. And creepy. And sick. And disgusting. I know, I know. What can I say? In our defense, most of our neighbors have had the same problem...
The explanation?
We live at the base of a mountain and there is nothing but open field behind us and the poor little guys I guess were looking for a place to keep warm! Not to mention Parker's cracker spills were providing lifelong food storage for the critters, I am sure! I was WONDERING why in the world Parker was all of a sudden being so clean back there! Come to find out - I had some of Mickey's friends on nightly janitorial duty in the backseat....How nice of them! Ha ha.
Still EW. I know.
However, this post isn't about our crazy mice situation.... but it IS about something pertaining to that that Parker said today.
The kids and I were driving to pick up Chris because HIS car is having issues and the check engine light is on. (one thing after another, right?)
On the way, Parker said this:
"Mommy, what's wrong with Daddy's car?
Does it have a MOUSE in it?.... Ooor a SNAKE?.... Oooor maybe a RATTLE (I think he meant rattle snake)?.......
......Ooooooorrrrrr a LION?!"
A lion??? I sure hope not! There ARE cougars around here but I THINK we'd notice... I may not be too afraid of mice, but a lion (or a rattle snake!) - those would definitely scare me!
I had to laugh. We haven't had the mouse issue for a while so it was funny that he'd remember that a mouse in the engine was a feasible problem, and then to throw in the other prospective culprits I thought was quite imaginative of him....

I have to say, I really love this age where I have this little buddy with whom I can have full on conversations with. He is so inquisitive and full of his own ideas about life and his surroundings.
Little P is always good for providing a smile on my face!
(Okay so I'm not gonna lie... he's also pretty good at flipping on my aggravation face at times!)
Oh, and just for your closure, there were NO reports of dead (or alive) mice in Chris' car, thank goodness. :)
4 comments:
dang mice! you just need to get a cat! ;)
Ew, we had mice here just before we moved in, but luckily we haven't seen any!
And I hear you about the fun "buddy" stage! I've just been telling Brad I feel like Eli keeps me company during the day, instead of just being a little one to take care of. It's refreshing =).
It is so good that you b log everything up-to-date so well. These are definitely the stories you'll want to have to tell him about or look back on when he's older. I need to be better about that. Very fun- thanks for posting it!
It really is so much fun when they start talking and thinking and having conversations. I am so glad to hear there were no lions in Chris's car. Oh my!
Post a Comment