Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter. What else?

Oh how I love Easter. We had an exciting, busy, fun-filled Sunday. Here is our morning just prior to church....Parker's highlight? Besides the egg hunts, his primary concern for the day was each and every piece of chocolate he found in each plastic egg. He carefully put them into a pile as he opened each egg, while the egg hunts were in progress. Forget the jellybeans, not interested. This little man is all about the chocolate. What about all of the fun presents he got from Grandmas and Grandpas and in his baskets? Even they weren't even as cool as the chocolates. (aka Reeses PB cups and Hershey's kisses and chocolate eggs)
Emmie's highlight? The paper grass in her basket. Her favorite thing to play with and attempt to eat these days is PAPER. She bypasses any toys and will find any magazine, wrapper, or stray piece of paper she can possibly find to put in her mouth. Yes, I have found pieces of the Ensign magazine in her poopy diapers. What a lovely surprise, I know.
Onto Sunday afternoon........
My sweet Grandma on my Dad's side- Mimi (middle pic)- has a huge Easter egg hunt every Easter in her home. She hides over a hundred plastic eggs filled with treats and even money. Whatever lucky soul finds the big, bonus, gold egg, walks away with big money in his pocket. She also always finds the cutest gifts (along with my Dad) to fill up our baskets with. To say we have been spoiled by she and my Dad on Easter over the years is an understatement. They always go the extra mile to make holidays special!
Easter at the Hansens... yet another fun egg hunt, a (very!) delicious dinner and lots of attention for Parker and Emmie from adoring aunts and uncles, Grandma and Grandpa, and Great Gpa and Gma. It is always a fun party at the Hansens and Parker just basks in all of the attention. We'll see how this first grandchild thing shapes him over the years. :)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING IT YET ANOTHER GREAT EASTER!
P.S. Since Sunday Chris and I have gone on at least another 7 or so egg hunts set up by Parker in our very own family room! Hiding the eggs and having us find them is one of his favorite pasttimes. He sachets around the room and helps us out by saying "Oh! Oh! Here's one! Here's one!" He had teams of people helping HIM find the eggs on Easter, so I guess he's just returning the favor. I just love my Little Parker.


T

3 comments:

Jeanerbee said...

Sounds like fun! And your kids are ADORABLE as usual! Eli was pretty psyched about the chocolate too, and for the past few days has been telling me "I saw the Eata bunny!" whenever he wants another candy. Kids are fun!

aliciamae100 said...

Beautiful kids - love Emmie's dress. I keep thinking about "pieces of the Ensign in her diaper." I don't know what to say about it (does that mean it was a bad article? especially good article? wouldn't it get digested?? could you still read what was on the paper???), but I can promise I'll be thinking about that for months. Very memorable experience I'm sure! :)

SHIPP said...

looks like we have doing a lot of the same things. Jill wants to get together soon.