Friday, March 20, 2009

Where does my time go again?

I saw this article (thanks Jana!) and just had to share... I love it!!! Just click on the image to enlarge and read... I think anyone who has kids can say 'AMEN' to this article!
Just tonight, as 8 p.m. rolled around, I actually debated whether I should:

a) Eat my uneaten dinner that I hadn't yet found time to eat

b) Collapse in my exhaustion on the bed because although I am starving, I am simply too tired to even care about eating
OR
c) Force myself to eat and then enjoy the rare, peaceful quiet that my household is offering me as my kids snore away, and get in my first 'me' moment of the day where I can sit and relax for more than 15 seconds without being needed by a little person...

Yes, today I chose C. Sometimes, by the end of the day, I just don't have the energy to return a phone call, to finish up the laundry that I didn't quite finish earlier on, to work on a craft or hobby that is just going to create yet another mess for myself to clean up. Sometimes I just want to SIT for a rare minute. And enjoy it. And recharge. So that I can take on another day of taking care of the two little people that I most love in this world. Because it truly is exhausting and consuming and the word "busy" does not begin to sum it all up.

But although it wears me out, and I can't remember what it is like to have a few hours to myself, it is truly the BEST. And I love it. And I wouldn't change it for the world. But until one has kids, they won't begin to understand how hectic yet fulfilling, challenging and rewarding, demanding yet joyous this lifestyle with little ones really is.
Although on the surface it may just look like lots of stinky diapers, temper tantrums, sleepless nights & constant giving of attention, it is so much more. And you have no idea what you are missing out on until you experience it.

I truly LOVE my kids and give thanks each day for the blessing it is of being their mother!

Nothing truly worthwhile in life comes without lots of hard work, that is for sure!
Sometimes I wonder what in the world I did with all my time before I had kids!

4 comments:

Carly said...

What a great article! I hate the "What did you do all day" comment. It just rubs me the wrong way...Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

So true!! And your hilarious:)

Amanda said...

I love this article. Sums a typical day up real nicely!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful article! I MUST agree...what DID I do with all that free time!? I haven't a clue! I have eaten MANY a cold meal...sigh, just one of the perks of being a mom of lil ones! LOL