Tuesday, March 3, 2009

UGHHH

Sleepless nights, screaming kids, high fevers, vomit, coughing, congestion, endless boogies, body aches, ear infections, $100 in co-pays in 8 days....
.....YEP....
That pretty much sums up the last ten days at our household.
There aren't too many worse things than having sick kids, if you ask me!!!
Except maybe for those who pass it on to you....You know, like the people who knowlingly are sick, and hold your at-the-time healthy kids anyways because they just can't resist. And those who forget to tell you prior to your dinner party, that by the way, their entire family is just getting over strep throat and that little Jack (yes, the one with Emmie's toy in his mouth) might still have it. And the parents who send their obviously sick children to nursery exposing 12 other kids who then take the germs home to their parents and siblings. Not to mention all the other children who will come through the room later that day & play with the drooled on, sneezed on, snotted on, infected toys. And the parents who say, "No need to wash hands, they're all going to get it anyways..." (while wiping their child's runny nose on their shirts and then another wipe onto their own jeans...Eeewww!).
Um, not if my child isn't EXPOSED to it, they're not!
Seriously people!
I know sometimes it's just unavoidable - but come on! VERY OFTEN it is!
Going on 2 full weeks of complete misery and incubation is NO FUN!!!
So basically, according to the pattern, by next week my fam should finally be healthy again. But watch out the week after that...by then who knows what my little ones will have picked up....sometimes it's just not worth leaving the house this time of year!
Other than that we're doing fabulous! :)
p.s. The given scenarios in this post are exagerrated and made up. Despite my tone and candor, (which is playful sarcasm filled with a little exasperation of the truth) the reality is, I'm not blaming this one on anyone but ourselves...Taking Parker to the bouncy house Kangaroo Zoo (the suspected culprit) a few weeks ago during cold and flu season and despite all of our hand washing efforts, was not such a bright idea. Yeah. Let's just say we won't be going back there anytime soon.
But yes, the above scenarios, when and if they do take place, DO irritate me!
Am I the only one???

6 comments:

Efamily said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!

I totally agree.

And how fun to see you get all riled up about something! You have to be the calmest, nicest, sweetest person I have ever met!

You must have seriously been cooped up girl! You need a hot bath and some chocolate.

Hope it passes soon.

Amanda said...

Wow, that really does suck. I hope you guys get feeling better soon. It seems like when it rains, it pours. This is a hard time of year, that is for sure. Good luck!

Unknown said...

We're in the same boat, in the past 10 days we have had, 4 doctor visits, 2 chest x-rays, 2 cases of bronchiolitis, 4 ear infections, 2 doses of oral steroids, lots of time with the nebulizer, and coughing induced vomiting. Now we get to take both kids to the pediatric pulmonary specialist at primary Childrens to look at adjusting addie's asthma meds and starting Kasen on some. I don't mean to complain but I know exactly how you feel. I never knew how much time I would spend in doctors offices and how many prescriptions I would fill once I had children. Hang in there! We'll both survive I am sure!

Marenda

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I know how you feel. There really isn't anything that bums me out more than sick kids. You feel so helpless! I am sorry you are going thru this, but they'll be better before ya know it!! :0) Here's to health and healing vibes!!!

Jeanerbee said...

I TOTALLY hear you! I swear, Eli has been sick every couple weeks since September... Owen's already been sick 3 times and is on his fourth at four months... and we wash hands/sanitize etc. It seems like every time we go to church/story time/store etc someone gets sick. I constantly recommit to never leaving the house, then do because we're bored, lol. I'm done with winter!

Karen said...

Oh Michelle! I am totally feeling for you on this one. We're going on week four with sick kids and I'm about to lose my mind. First Cameron, then Jake, and now Tyler. I almost wish they would have just done it all at the same time!