Monday, March 16, 2009

Never thought I'd see the day....

How do you get your 2 1/2 year old to clean up all of his toys at incredible speed, without even being asked????
You unleash his 6 month old little sister onto the scene!!!

Parker is normally my little tornado following behind me making a huge mess out of whatever I have just cleaned up and whatever he can get his hands on. Hence, my house is never clean despite my seemingly never ending efforts!

But this last few weeks, with Emmie's new found mobility (and she is quite proficient at it might I add), a very mystical thing has taken place in our home. Parker has come to the realization that he does NOT want Emmie touching his toys. And so in an effort to keep her hands off, once Emmie is let loose in a room, he runs around saying, "No Baby! No Baby!", all the while throwing his toys back into their bins at astonishing speeds.
He also discovered today that throwing armfuls of toys into the laundry room and shutting the door also works to keep his possessions free from his little sis. (This new discovery was not as enjoyable for me to observe as the first stated action.)

Chris and I just look at each other and laugh at this!
Okay, okay-- so we have to work on sharing.
But for now, just for a minute, I am going to enjoy watching my little boy willingly, voluntarily, and quickly pick up after himself.
For once. :)

Didn't take long for Emmie to put the boy in line, did it?
Atta girl, Em! Glad to have someone on my team! :)

3 comments:

Jeanerbee said...

That is hysterical! Eli likes to show Owen his stuff then yank it away and say "mine!"

JacksonFamily said...

I love it! My little 8 month old isn't mobil yet. We should work on that all in the name of a clean house!

Anonymous said...

that is so funny...we have the same thing at our house AND it's not a big deal to have toys strewn about...my house is always a'clutter...grrr, I just have to laugh most days!!